510 Camber adjustment

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
MicroMachinery

So I've been looking for a way to lower my 510 without having to go through a bunch of tires. The camber plates for the strut towers are the way I'd like to go, but I don't have $150 dollars to throw at it at the moment. I've seen those lower control arm bushings with the offset hole that you can install. Any comment on those? Or should I just go pick up pop cans on the side of the highway until I have enough for the tower adjusters?

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

the camber plates are cheaper than adjustable LCA's

MicroMachinery

Well, actually I found some adjustable LCA bushings that cost a fraction of what the strut tower adjusters do. The only thing is, I'm not sure if they'll have the amount of adjustment I'd be looking for.. it'd be a pity to have to buy them, install them, and then find out that I need the camber plates too.

evildky

camber bolts offer very little adjustabuilty, might get you 1.5 degrees?

MicroMachinery

Sweet, thanks man. That's what I was lookin' for. For your dollar, what's the best value on a camber plate manufacturer, would you say?

yellowcar

Several things make a difference when you are looking at adding camber.Are you going to run coilovers? If not, you won't have much room to move the strut at the top and you will need to get camber plates with a mount for a big spring.

What struts are you going to run? If you run the 280 struts you will start with a camber deficit to overcome due to the different spindle angle so you will need to move the strut even more.

I ran the offset LCA bushings in my yellow car and they work..Ok but they are really hard to get set right and don’t stay set very well. They also only got me enough camber to offset the 280 strut. I left them in set to their max camber setting and installed ground control camber plates (the 5 bolt ones http://www.ground-control-stor...CA=97) They are nice and allow a lot of adjustment (as long as you really think through the position you install them in) but I had to cut out my strut tower to install them. In my 69 I didn’t want to cut the tower up so I bought the ground control plates specifically for the 510. They are a straight bolt in but do not allow as much adjustment. I don’t need the extra adjustment though because I am also doing adjustable LCAs and T/C rods to get the caster I want.

The ground control stuff is really nice but kinda spendy if you are looking for a bargain you might look at the T3 plates http://www.technotoytuning.com...p=820 they are ~ $120 less than the ground control stuff.

evildky

I run TTT camber plates on my S30

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”