($500-$900 budget) What coilover setup?

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
RWDnot RICE
Car: Wheels

If you had between $500-$900 bucks what coilover setup would you buy,I was thinking about the TEIN HA coilovers but most sets are in the $1500 after shipping..

I am open to all input, i really want to reduce the wheel gap on my s14 but i don't want to mess up the ride.

mndrift

just get kyb adjustable gas shocks and a set of eibach sportline springs that should only cost around $600 I believe modacar.com has a deal similar to that for 240s.....imo a full coilover setup isn't really needed unless your building a full race spec vehicle and have all $$$ you want to spend. I would also sugest checking out Battleversion.com they've got really nice arms & rods to help keep the car ride good when its dropped & for drifting....hope that helps ya out alittle

Nismo241

I would do the KYB AGX shocks with the ground control coil overs. Very good setup for pretty cheap.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I would also say the AGXs with Eibach sportline/prokit. Don't think coilovers are worth it unless profession racing is invloved.

Import Fanatix
Car: Cars

For 900 I would get the Apex'i Coilover setups. I heard that they are good for the price. Check enjuku and/or rollhard for the price and its right about that.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Why does this post appear at the bottom of the main "240" page? anybody know?

Nismo241

I just prefer coilovers because you pick the height rather than the manufacturer. If I was going to do racing I would go with TEIN or HKS.

RWDnot RICE
Car: Wheels

well what i am kinda concerned with is the HUGE WHEEL GAP, i would like a sportier ride but my car looks awful with all the wheel gap?i figured if i had the coilovers i could drop it for shows and raise it for daily driving.is ther any of those adjusable coil manufacturers that use eibach springs..?i have seen the "el-cheapo" adjustable lowering spring sets but i have heard bad things about them.

if i combined the KYb agx's with a set of the adjustable lowering springs what brand of springs should i get..?

Daunttless

You'll have to wait on the AGXs....springs most people use prokits or sportlines.

Nismo241

Ground control uses Eibach springs and you can also choose your spring rate.

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

I've got the Pro-Kit on mine and it's great for daily driving, but if you're going to compromise your ride, I say go with the coilovers. Obviously, Apex'i makes great quality stuff and for around $1000 you can have their cheaper setup. I've also heard good things about Tein. I believe they have more than one setup for the S14, but their cheaper one goes for around $1000 as well. My cousin has them on his Civic SI and I've ridden in it...feels like a damn GO-KART! I actually think I'm going to sell my HKS Hiper Dampers and try out the Teins. They're on the classifieds if anyone is interested. The Hiper Dampers are pretty rough, but damn do they handle well. I just need the money for an SR swap.

kilipo4
Car: scuba diving, hunting, cars, women, drunkenness

The AGXs aren't out for the s14 yet are they?

Josh
Car: My car

I was thinking of getting somesprings soon. I was thinking of going with the Eibach Pro-Kit or Sportline springs, and some Tokico strut. Then later Stillen front strut brace and some anti-sway bars.

So, I guess my question would be, would going with the Eibach kit (which do you all prefer?) and Tokico struts be a good choice?

I just want to lower it some and have a good handling car.

dcmetro240

If your going for looks only and you want to maintain a decent ride, get the Ground Control Coil-Overs. The have a stiff ride and are very easily adjustable. I just ordered my suspension, Tein Type Flex. The teins will cost you anywhere from 1000-1600. Depending on what you want to do with it I feel that it is worth it. The adjustability you get with the teins is well worth the money. I plan on racing my car as well as showing it thats why I went with the teins. But if not teins I would go with Ground Control Coil-Overs... Good Luck...

locski

If you want NEW, I'd go with Ground Controls + Koni Yellows.

If you look around, you might find some used Tein HAs for sale.

Or you could always save up some money and get some new HAs. Someone on zilvia.net is having a GB on them.

BUT

if you're in a part of the country with lots of snow/salt, I'd stay away from the HAs, as the collars are notorious for rusting/seizing. For even more $$$ you could get some Zeal Function B2s. Those are my dream coilovers for the street.

HTH.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

I have the "cheap" APEXi coilovers (World Sports). I really like them, and I think they are very well worth it. They ride nicer then most other full coilovers, and I got mine for 1,000. I'm sure you can find them for a bit cheaper though. They are easy to install, easy to adjust, my handling improved dramatically, and I have NO wheel gap (base S14 with 15s). I thought that I would keep them low for the track, ect, but I keep it slammed all the time, and its not too uncomfortable, and I don't have any exhaust clearance issues (unless its a really steep driveway, or a REALLY big speed bump).

If you don't want to drop that much money, I'd say go with the Ground Control coilovers. The springs are Eibach springs, and they are good. Do they make Koni Adjustables for 240s at all? Alot of my friends use these on their other cars, and they are simply amazing.

Nismo241

They only make the KYB AGX for S13's.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”