5 spd convertible

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
FKNH8ERS
Car: 1993 nissan 240sx convertible

Tenkawa akito or anyone I just finished doing the 5 spd on my convertible followed your instructions on the 5 spd swap on a convertible it was very helpful, you the man . I just have a Problem don't know which wire is for the reverse lights and when I shift to second it grinds what seems to be the problem maybe I need to bleed it more. or because I used my stock clutch. just let me know thanks guys

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

Grinds going only into 2nd?Does matter what rpm your at?Just right after starting or after warmed up?Sometimes my gears grind right after I startup, if I shift too quickly.How bad is the grind?

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

the grind could be the sign of worn synchros. i had an old DSM that I learned how to drive stick on, and I tore up 1st and 2nd gear synchros in it, causing it to grind badly on cold days.

As far as the reverse lights go, there's a sensor near the front of the gearbox, that's the reverse switch. You just need to run wires from it up to the plug for the inhibitor switch. I listed which wires to cut and run to. Since the switch isn't polarized, it doesn't matter which wires off of the plug mate to the ones off of the inhibitor.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”