5.0 cobra engine in 240sx

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
windsor
Car: 1991 s13 240sx

Hello guys I'm new here. I come from a dsm/svt background new to 240sx's I have a coupe 240sx shell and a spare 94 cobra engine and transmission laying around I heard its relatively easy to get a 5.0 in these cars. I understand you guys don't like spoon feeding people info but I can't find the specifics for my questions such as:

1. the t-5 transmission is a cable clutch. 240's use hydraulic. I heard I could get the clutch pedals out of a 200sx because they use cable clutches. Which would be eaiser a hydraulic conversion (which I have no ideal how that would work lol) or the clutch pedal assembly out of a 200sx?

2. I've heard I could use the stock 2 piece 240 drive shaft id prefer a one piece. Do I need a custom driveshaft? Yokes?

3. Do I need a different rear end?

4. Steering rack/linkage. Would anything like that need to be moddified under the engine. Control arms? Anything else I should know about?

maik21
Car: 240sx Coupe 5.0 90

take a look at my thread. it will help with some questions. you need to read it all because some things are discussed often.

then i will lead you in the right direction with lots of information.

this kind of swap have been made in different ways so you will choose whats the best for your or for your budget.

Return to “Hybrids”