4x4 light on after hubs install

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
RastB
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

These have been on for a while now, only last week did I make a long distance trip. Since installing the hubs the only time the hubs are ever in 4x2 is when i'm in 2wd only, they are locked in any other mode. My 4x4 light came on after an hour or so of 70+ mph and goes off anytime the car is shut off and restarted. Anyone know why this happens? Been driving it for a couple months before the hubs without seeing the 4x4 light come on (in 2wd). Not really worried, just would like to know what causes this to happen, thanks.

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

I doubt the locking hubs are to blame. Get the TCM fault codes checked. There are numerous reasons that trouble light will come on.

RastB
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

mdmellott wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:29 am
I doubt the locking hubs are to blame. Get the TCM fault codes checked. There are numerous reasons that trouble light will come on.

Ok, I do have the niscan and a cable will see if I can get it to read them... thanks

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

RastB wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:58 pm
Ok, I do have the niscan and a cable will see if I can get it to read them...
If you're referring to NDS II from Nisscan in Australia, it won't read your TCM. I have that software and adapter cable for the datalink connector as well but it only reads the ECM for our '02 models. There is a very manual way of getting the self diagnostics data yourself, without having to use Consult II and specialty scanners. Starting on page TF-27 of the service manual for your '02 QX4, there is a procedure written for getting your 4WD warning light to blink a number code for trouble issues stored in memory. I've never had the need to do this myself on my '02 Pathfinder. I hope this works for you. https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 2%2FTF.pdf

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”