4was

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Aolson345
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37S Blk Out

Yup another M37S with 4was issues. Thinking about writting Infiniti corporate a nice little letter with names of people having the same problem and possibly going to the bureau of automotive review with complaint if corporate goes nowhere. If that goes nowhere a class action lawsuit.
If you'd like to try and get your 4was problems resolve this is what we need to do.
Please respond to post.
And I'll reach out to you all to get all your info and details of what you'd tryed and how much you've already spent at dealership to possibly be rememburst
I'm willing to do all the legwork just need more people to go up against them. We all love our cars but this issue needs resolved.

A 60k car and the dealerships can't figure what is going on give you the run around spending money (expensive money) on parts only for them to come back with oh it must be this spending more money.
Which is ethnicity wrong.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I'll share this in the FB group for you to hopefully get some people from there too cause I definitely agree, Infiniti USA needs to act on this. Welcome to the forum.

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

idk whats wrong with yours, but have you thought of getting the delete kit and lock it in place like many others have done?

Aolson345

Yoda's Master wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:47 am
idk whats wrong with yours, but have you thought of getting the delete kit and lock it in place like many others have done?
Yoda,
How do you do the delete kit? I would be interested in trying I did not know you can lock it in place.

Thanks for the reply

EdBwoy

What have you had done, and how much has it cost you so far?
The few who have reported resolution by the dealership, say it required replacing the rear rack and that the cost would be around $6,000. I think most have had warranty cover it.

Aolson345

My experience with dealing with this 4WAS. Note most of these problems happen after warranty years and miles. Infiniti of Riverside CA when they were still in business they quoted me over 3k for the 4was module and install "install is 1 hour". When they ran a diagnostic I have print out on the car said my module needed replaced. When I called another dealership. I was quoted $1,600 so Riverside matched their price. So I had the work done. I asked to keep my old module because I was skeptical after reading everything on this issue. On my way home guess what all the same lights came on. Turned right around and wanted to return their module. Said they wanted to run diagnostic again. Then they said it might be the 4was relay so I paid $40. Lights all came on. They said I needed my rear rack replaced and would cost 6k. I told them I would wait and that I wanted my old module put back in. Tryed to not let me return the new module because it was electronic and could not return electrical parts. After having a "nice" talk with them they did do the return. I walked out feeling like everyone else on here no confidence Infiniti knew what to do with their own issue.
Infiniti needs to own up to this and fix their problem interesting the Q70 and newer years no loner have this system probably because they know they have the issue and you don't want to continue with the problems and trying to walk away Scott free and leave the existing owners on their own....?

Yoda's Master
2009 370z

Aolson345 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:43 am
Yoda's Master wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:47 am
Yoda,
How do you do the delete kit? I would be interested in trying I did not know you can lock it in place.

Thanks for the reply
I'll try to find the link/video about it. but basically you disconnect the wires going to it and install locking bars over the tie rods.
ran across it last year when i was researching what i needed to properly do the sports brake upgrade.

Aolson345

Yoda's Master wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:43 am
Aolson345 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:43 am

Yoda,

Thanks for the reply
I'll try to find the link/video about it. but basically you disconnect the wires going to it and install locking bars over the tie rods.
ran across it last year when i was researching what i needed to properly do the sports brake upgrade.
Oh yea I'd really appreciate it yoda. I'd be interested in checking it out.

I would still like to get a group together to go after Infiniti USA.

Yoda's Master
2009 370z

sorry i couldn't find it again. I came across it when searching how to take apart the rear wheel hub sometime last year. The video had a girl with her g37 up on a lift and talking about disconnecting the electrical plug to the electric rack and pinion servo and installing locking bars over the tie rods. The other option is much more expensive, where you change the entire rear subframe and wheel axle housing

94Q45Beast
Car: 1994 INFINITI Q45t w/HICAS
1992 INFINITI Q45
2017 INFINITI Q70S AWD BLACK ON BLACK

This was the first things I made sure my car didn't have, it's loaded with every factory option except the AWS

M37SJoe
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

My 4WAS System failed and I fixed it. My posts are in the 4WAS Statistics Thread. Contact me if you want / need help.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”