44max PSI?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
fdsaurbo
Car: 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s

I have a 2005 altima, during recent routine maintenance over the past year...the places that do the work must have been mixed up about the tire pressure. One set it to 40 then the other sets it to 32...now i have noisy cupped tires. I read the manual for recomendations and it says to see the load information label on the driver side center pillar. Nothing there relating to tire pressure...any advice on where they should be set? My wife drives this car over 60 miles a day on highway..........thanks

SHIFT_COUPE
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD

I see you own the 2.5, which has a higher sidewall than the 3.5. The 2.5 and the 3.5 have different factory sized tires, each with their own recommended tire pressure. 40 PSI is way overboard. Keeping that amount in the tire with mostly highway driving is going to cause premature wear. Again, the specific tire pressure is on the driver side door jam with a white sticker. I would recommend keeping the PSI at 32-33 in the front and a few pounds less in the back. Also, with all of your wife's highway driving, make a habit of checking the tire pressure at least once a week. Preferably, you should check the pressure in the morning after the car has been sitting to avoid a false pressure reading. Driving the car and checking the pressure afterwards will give you a false tire pressure.

melbourne
Car: 2007 Jeep GC SRT8

Good advice, plus remember that for every 10 degrees of temp. change will mean 1 lb of tire psi change. Outside temp goes up ,so do your tire psi. That is why once a week is so important.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Agreed totally with what Shift_Coupe said, a lot of places go off the max rating on the tire and not on the car. Places like Firestone insist (correctly) to go off the ratings printed on the door jam area. Remembering not to exceed the maximum pressure listed on the tires.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”