42k mile clutch??

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
TwoForties

I've got a '95 SX with 42k miles, and my clutch is completely shot! The clutch is engaging about 2 inches from the top of the clutch pedal travel and slipping like a mo-fo. I've only had the car for 10k miles, but the clutch seemed alright when I bought it. I drive the car a little hard, but nothing compared to how I drove my old 300ZX, and the clutch in that lasted 80k. One thing I do a lot is downshift... but I still don't think I could wear down a good clutch in 10k miles like that....

I am wondering if there could be something I am missing before I go out and spend $600 on a new clutch and flywheel. I know my clutch is supposed to be self-adjusting. Is it possible that the self-adjusting mechanism is somehow faulty?

Anyways, I would love to get an ACT clutch before I start modding out my car hardcore, but I am about to go into my senior year of college and have litterally not $1 to spend on a new clutch. If it really is the clutch (and I think it is) I'll have to take my car off the road until I graduate. :(

Thanks guys,- Dave'95 SX

I H8 UR DSM

stock clutch, and resurface of flywheel wont be that expensive, its the labor that gets costly...

1991240xs

if it's only slipping once the car get's warmed up..the try readjusting the freeplay after the car has gotten hot as hell...that was my problem...-

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”