4-speed auto spotted

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

I was at Tynan's Nissan in Denver for major repair on my Xterra and saw that they had a dark silver Versa S with the 4-speed auto.

I thought someone on here said Nissan would not make them?

toby

My dealer said my Versa was the third one they sold, the first being an automatic S. It wouldn't make sense for Nissan not to make auto S models, as many people don't want to pay the extra price for the SL and can't drive stick.

indus49
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S, Magnetic Gray with Beige/Black Interior, Power Package.

I have the 4 speed auto, I love it.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

I read somewhere that the S auto is actually going to make up the bulk of the Versa line until CVT's are put on the S-model, sometime after the new Sentra comes out and they have more production capacity on the transmission.

toby

I read that too, somewhere. Thing is, most people don't know how to drive a stick, as I said before. For me, a stick is great... on a sportscar, and that ain't the Versa. But if people here who have a manual trans like it, that's all that matters.

jallendavis
Car: 1992 Maxima GL, 2005 Pathfinder SE 2x4, 2007 Versa SL (will take delivery in late Sept.)

not that i'm still looking for one (I put my factory order in almost a month ago) but the 6 speeds seem to be a thing of the past here just west of chicago. there are 4 dealers within 10 miles of me and they all have mostly auto S models on the lots and only one or two 6 man.'s between them and they are all SLs

a240ztt

Yea they make it only in the S.

If you go to nissanusa.com and build an S and choose your transmission the 4 speed is only available on the S and the CVT on the SL. Click the "?" next to the transmission text and it tells you all about it, or look below.

S Transmission Options

6-speed Manual Transmission Power, control and fuel efficiency are in the palm of your right hand with the only 6-speed manual transmission in the Versa's class. Attached to the 122-hp engine, you fly off the line and continue to achieve exhilarating acceleration throughout the mid-range. And the long-legged top gear provides for quiet, economical cruising.

4-speed Automatic Transmission The Versa's optional 4-speed automatic transmission is anything but. Electronically controlled shifting smoothly transitions between gears and quickly responds to the accelerator. The overdrive fourth gear and lockup torque converter maximize fuel economy and keep the engine quiet at freeway speeds.

SL Transmission Options

6-speed Manual Transmission Power, control and fuel efficiency are in the palm of your right hand with the only 6-speed manual transmission in the Versa's class. Attached to the 122-hp engine, you fly off the line and continue to achieve exhilarating acceleration throughout the mid-range. And the long-legged top gear provides for quiet, economical cruising.

Xtronic Continuously Variable Transmission Hit the driving sweet spot with a virtual "gearless" transmission—the only one in its class—that always delivers the right amount of power to the wheels. Need power to pass? CVT holds the engine at optimal rpm for a rush of linear acceleration. Cruising on the highway? CVT drops the rpm low to maximize fuel economy and reduce noise. And without conventional fixed gears, there's no shift shock, just the smoothest driving experience available.

Return to “Versa General Chat”