4 port CVT cooler unit in My Sentra 2013

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Bishwo370
Car: 2013 Nissan Sentra

Thanks for your amazing great forum.
I have Nissan Sentra 2013, 10200km run already, purchased from first owner. I noticed that the part shown in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCenSvOZNlk&t=118s) in my car with 2 bigger ports are open and below one is always wet with oil. Remaining 2 smaller ports are connected with pipes. I have a leak every night around 1 drop underneath my car. I doubt this oil coming from this open pipe since I saw it wet. I 've asked garage technician why these two are not connected and why oil dropping? he replied it is old cooling routes and not required, and oil is dropping due to some residual oil remaining in the open pipes I am not satisfied with his answer. Plz tell me is it correct that these two bigger ports are not necessary to be connected? and how the oil slowly dripping from this pipe if it is not essential? I have seen another video where CVT cooler is explained. in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhrDB2_62bU&t=548s) there are 3 method of installing CVT cooler
1) inline configuration
2) bypass configuration
3) thermostat configuration

I believe my one installed is bypass configuration. But the oil dropping from the open pipes is so scary.
I am frustrated with this issue in my car. Please suggest and help.

Bishwo370

Thanks for your amazing great forum.
I have Nissan Sentra 2013, 10200km run already, purchased from first owner. I noticed that the part shown in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCenSvOZNlk&t=118s) in my car with 2 bigger ports are open and below one is always wet with oil. Remaining 2 smaller ports are connected with pipes. I have a leak every night around 1 drop underneath my car. I doubt this oil coming from this open pipe since I saw it wet. I 've asked garage technician why these two are not connected and why oil dropping? he replied it is old cooling routes and not required, and oil is dropping due to some residual oil remaining in the open pipes I am not satisfied with his answer. Plz tell me is it correct that these two bigger ports are not necessary to be connected? and how the oil slowly dripping from this pipe if it is not essential? I have seen another video where CVT cooler is explained. in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhrDB2_62bU&t=548s)there are 3 method of installing CVT cooler
1) inline configuration
2) bypass configuration
3) thermostat configuration

I believe my one installed is bypass configuration. But the oil dropping from the open pipes are so scary.
I am frustrated with this issue in my car. Please suggest and help.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Normally the bigger fittings would not be used if you have had an air cooler installed to use the smaller lines. But if the cooler on trans has a small leak, it may show by coming out of one of the bigger fittings. Cap them both off and you should be fine. Or add one piece of hose that fastens to both fittings in a loop, same thing.

Bishwo370

Thanks for your reply Amc49. I got somewhat relive from my stress, I am also planning to cap it or put hose looped in these two holes but doubt maybe because I don't block some air vent system. But I am now more confident and I will do it now.

I have some curiosity about this cooler, if you have time plz reply, as this cooler has 4 pipes, I believe 2 bigger pipes and smaller pipes have separate routes inside and I saw in videos that 2 holes in the rear of the cooler which is attached to the engine with O ring. All these have separate routes for different liquids to flow, then how is the oil coming out of this bigger pipes? and what is that oil(odorless, slightly yellowish).

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Slightly yellowish leans toward being coolant which would be what is normally carried in the bigger lines, meaning there may be no issue there at all. Best to cap the lines up anyway as they can always fracture in the future to leak out trans fluid instead. Capping them off renders that as not an issue either. There is no venting going on there at all. the only vent needed is on the main trans case itself. Coolers do not vent. CVT fluid is either green or blue.

Bishwo370

I noticed the fluid color after collecting few drops it is redish, and I have capped it in below pipe, now garage technician told me if it over flows from upper pipe then there is need of changing cooler unit, else it is minor. Since there is only 1 drop in a night it may take very long to overflow. hope it is minor issue, rest of the system in car is normal as the technician checked using ODT and he checked for any issues in transmission and other engine related issues and found nothing. I also feel rest are working normally. I want to send photos but here i am unable to attach. can I sent it in email?

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Cap the lines off and forget about it. Use fuel injection or trans cooler hose to do so, normal low pressure fuel line may blow out with time.

Maybe aftermarket trans fluid, some aftermarket CVT fluid is red.

Bishwo370

Thanks for reply, I have capped it for now it is not leaking lets see when the pressure is formed that time I will recheck and if required change the cooler unit. Thanks for your sharing your knowledge and suggestions I greatfully appreciate it.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

If you used regular fuel line it may well blow out due to a long term pressure buildup and why I said not to. Use correct line and even if it leaks where will it leak to? Nowhere, provided the line is stout enough to take the pressure. In that case no sense in messing with it at all unless it starts leaking somewhere else, the cooler may last forever. I have fixed cars like that to run for 20 years before.

Bishwo370

Can I sent u pictures to email or messenger cause I can't attach here, its not working.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”