4 Button Infiniti Key Fob with Trunk Release?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Redbeauty84ZX

So I need to order a second key fob and noticed that the Infiniti FX appears to use the same FCC ID for it's intelligent key. The only physical difference between the FX key fob and my EX is that the FX includes a 4th button for the hatch release. Does anyone know if I use this key fob if it will open my rear hatch on the EX as well? Thanks!

Teknical
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD

No, that option isn't available in any EX.

Redbeauty84ZX

Teknical wrote:No, that option isn't available in any EX.
I realize it was never an option. But since the FCC ID is the same the remote should work, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried to see if it releases the hatch...it could just send the same signal that pressing the hatch button does...

Teknical
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD

I'm fairly certain that there's a physical latch under the trunk release button, so it must be pressed to open the back door. There's no solenoid (other than un/lock) or motor to pop the trunk open, even if that RF channel can be received by the ECU. The rear door also wouldn't be wired for that signal. However maybe the other 3 buttons on that remote would work if it were programed. Btw trunk close buttons are really nice. We have them on our Audi and Lexus.

Bocatrip

These small (but annoying none the less) omitting of conveniences such as a remote trunk release gives Infiniti an excuse to differentiate the more expensive models that do have them. It's also strange how the cheaper cars out there like Kia and Hyundai may have a remote trunk release, but a luxury car like Infiniti lacks them regardless of what packages you purchase with it. Go figure!

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Bocatrip wrote:It's also strange how the cheaper cars out there like Kia and Hyundai may have a remote trunk release, but a luxury car like Infiniti lacks them regardless of what packages you purchase with it. Go figure!
Agree... our cars have had the all-around view for years, proving that Infiniti are leaders in technology... and then they pull a stunt of never offering a rear hatch popper/electric hatch. Go figure is right!

CustomLowz
Car: 2011 Infiniti EX35

I have a 4-button (with trunk release) fob for my EX from the factory. They set me up with that as a 2nd remote when I purchased my vehicle a few years ago. The trunk button does not do anything but rest work just fine. I can share what FCC ID number is needed if you want to purchase one for yourself.

Chelsea John
Car: EX35

EXceptional wrote:
Bocatrip wrote:It's also strange how the cheaper cars out there like Kia and Hyundai may have a remote trunk release, but a luxury car like Infiniti lacks them regardless of what packages you purchase with it. Go figure!
Agree... our cars have had the all-around view for years, proving that Infiniti are leaders in technology... and then they pull a stunt of never offering a rear hatch popper/electric hatch. Go figure is right!

And even door mirror signal lights !!

Bocatrip

Chelsea John wrote:
EXceptional wrote:

And even door mirror signal lights !!
Yes it's quite true that our EX/QX50 models are somewhat antiquated already in today's time......but they are hopefully also proven in many years to come for the long run!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”