4.35l flat crank VK45 R32 Skyline Project

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
rayshake
Car: many

Ok, we have been developing and testing VK56 racing engines for the last 3 years. Our introduction to the VK engine was when we took over Chris Forsberg's formula drift racing program which consisted of 2 ex menards developed race engines. Since then, we have made significant gains over what they did. Much of our work has been secretive due to the expense and testing we have done. I think it's nice that we have a personal project that we can publicly share so here it is.

A brief rundown to get you up to speed.... Brian and I, who own MA-Motorsports have become quite fascinated with the VK engines after running them for the last 3 years. We have been acquiring race modified VK45DE engines from daytona prototype, grand am and indy lights engines and have been planning a project around what we have learned about them. In January, we located a suitable BNR32 chassis in super rough shape for a good price. The chassis has been sitting in our shop waiting for us to get the time to work on it. That time is now. If it's ok, I'd like to share the buildup of this car here as it seems to aid in keeping us motivated to get it to completion when we are interactive with others. Only seems to happen with personal projects. So, to those that have not fallen asleep, let's begin....

The car, as delivered one freezing night in january..

Brian wondering what the hell I just bought..

test fitting using a daytona prototype VK45DE with standard inlet

chassis amongst a sea of VK engines we built getting ready to be shipped to their homes..

Then the trip to Dallara Indycar factory to meet my buddy that builds engines there to purchase the remainder of their VK45 engines and parts...

made it home super late. Still had to open up a case to take a pic after unpacking.

Decided on some older bosch hardware to run it..

Some random parts on the back now. Slowly tracking stuff down.

Test fitting with headers to see if its even possible. Good thing we are all fabricators because it looks silly.

This thing has locks on it!!! Lol. Gonna cut that off at some point.

I'm going to look for the pics from the actual motor going in that I put together a year or so ago so you can see all the cool stuff going on inside.

Ray

TOPNIS
Car: 2000 nissan maxima, 2004 nissan maxima, 95 nissan 240sx.

Im surprise no one has replied to this yet!Image. I wish i could afford to get two of those flat plane high reving vk45des so I could boost the hell out of one and keep the other all motor, put it in my G37 and piss off lamborghini and ferrari owners.Image More please!Image

HollywoodJackson
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35
1990 Nissan 240SX Hatchback
1990 Nissan 240SX Coupe

rayshake wrote:
Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:45 pm
Ok, we have been developing and testing VK56 racing engines for the last 3 years...

...Brian and I, who own MA-Motorsports have become quite fascinated with the VK engines after running them for the last 3 years. We have been acquiring race modified VK45DE engines from daytona prototype, grand am and indy lights engines and have been planning a project around what we have learned about them...
TOPNIS wrote:
Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:37 pm
I'm surprise no one has replied to this yet!
Hello Ray, hello TopNis. I hope we can revive this post! I've been a member of this since around 2013 when I purchased my first Y33. I've now owned an F50 Q45 for the past three years. I've done some light modifications to increase performance, within my current skill set.

BC Racing Pro Street Coilovers
'05 350Z Diff Swap

I. Love. This. Car. Ultimately, I would like to install a ProCharger and run about 6 pounds of boost. I'd like to keep all or as many of the original bells and whistles functional as possible.

Right now a problem I am having is with the A/T Speed Sensor. With the huge difference in the diff's gear ratio, and engine RPMs at various speeds, I'm getting the MIL check engine light. I guess I would have to mess with the ECU tune to fix that? Any tips?

I'd love to see these pics Ray. Do you still have them? TopNis, I've viewed your photobucket with the VK45DE 240SX swap. That setup you put together is on point bro! I wonder if that intake setup would help when I get around to adding a ProCharger?

All the best,
~HollywoodJackson~

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”