3rd Gen TPMS static relearn process.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
cmartyn
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Over on Facebook, there's a guy claiming that the 3rd gen rogue allows you to switch tires and sensors just by deflating and inflating them. He claims you do not have to upload the sensor ids via odb. Just throw on the new tires and deflate them below 25 psi and basically just reinflate them all to 33 and the TPMS system will learn all the new ids and positions. Can anyone confirm if this is true or false? I'm just going to assume that if there is a process like this its more involved than how I described it and probably requires having the ignition on and doing it one at a time in a specific order but I have never seen it documented.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I can't find any mention of this in either the service or owners manuals. That doesn't mean it isn't a backdoor function in the BCM firmware that Nissan is simply unaware of. Continental and Calsonic make all of Nissan's BCM's, and there are often idiosyncrasies in third-party firmware that third-party manufacturers don't bother to document. Witness the goofy P0705 taillight problem on the Versas, which never made it to the SM because the TCM programmers at Hitachi simply never told anyone.

Or Nissan may simply have failed to document it. If it works, let us all know!

cmartyn

Well, I'll try it. This guy swears it works and he has done it. I'm going to ask him if there is a particular process he used.

cheaptaco3

Mine seems to have learned about the new sensors by itself.

Got a second set of wheels and sensors installed and the tire place said it would learn the sensors automatically. It initially didn't, the light was on (which would cause the not-so-smart Nissan maintenance reminder system to send me four emails each time I turned the car on). After driving the car for 50km (30mi) on the highway, the light went off and the pressure for all tires showed up on the dash.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

So it is self-learning. Great info, very cool!

cmartyn

I tried the deflate / inflate. Didn't seem to do anything. I just tried one tire, drivers front. No lights flashing or anything. Perhaps it stores 8 tires.. I can confirm the self learning. Took it out on the highway, pressures popped up at about 8 miles into the drive. No service alerts. So that saves a lot of agro for sure. Just need about a foot of snow now to test these babies out.

tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

VStar650CL, Have you been able to confirm if the newer Nissan's now offer static TPMS relearn. I know on my 2018 Rogue, it requires a TPMS tool with OBD relearn support. When I rotated the tires on my 2021 Sentra, my Autel TS508 could activate the senors but never provided the OBD relearn option like that of the 2018 Rogue. So I overinflated one tire and went for a short test drive and it was posting the correct position. I went back into the tool to selected a 2021/2022 Rogue, it didn't offer the OBD relearn option either, but was available on the 2020 Rogue. I'm wondering if Nissan didn't change the relearn procedure starting in 2021 on some/all of their vehicles. Hoping you have more details on this capability and will it even static learn brand new sensor ids. Owners manual makes no mention of this capability.

Vmaxim
Car: 2013 G37x

I set my tire rotation reminder for 6000 miles on my 2013 G37. I noticed that the TPMS light came on and upon checking the miles on the tire reminder I had just went over the 6000 miles mark. I reset the tire reminder, however the TPMS light will not go out. Was this just a coincidence that it came on, or is this how the system lets the driver know that it is time to rotate the tires, if so, how does one reset it.
vmaxim

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Vmaxim wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:56 pm
Was this just a coincidence that it came on, or is this how the system lets the driver know that it is time to rotate the tires, if so, how does one reset it.
It's a coincidence. The reminder and the TPMS light are completely separate systems. If the TPMS lamp is solid then it's simply a low tire, if it flashes after you start the car then there's a malfunction.

Return to “Rogue Forum”