3rd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NC23Rogue
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue Platinum

I bought a new 2023 Rogue Platinum on July 10 from Fred Anderson in Asheville, NC. This is my first Nissan and I'm very happy with it so far. There is a lot of tech in the car, so much that the owner's manual is never far away. My only minor issues are the absence of auto high high beam, no Android Auto and I haven't found a case for my Android phone that will work with wireless charging. Also, I find the electronic shifter strange having to push it forward to go back and back to go forward.

I have yet to figure out how to turn off the rear seat seatbelt warning indicators.

I'm new to the Forum and look forward to learning more about the car from other owners.

Stephen

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You get used to the shifter, all of us thought it was weird when it first showed up on the Leaf way back in '11. Use it enough and it becomes second nature.

We're all a little peeved about the rear belt warning. I didn't actually notice it when I first spent time with a '22 on a trip to Nissan school in Dallas, but once somebody pointed it out, now it seems like I can't climb into one without shaking my head at it. There's no "off" provision, the only way I know about to get rid of it is to insert seat belt extenders into the buckles. For the center belt you need to cut a hasp off a junkyard car, they're different from the outboard buckles and nobody sells extenders for them.

Welcome to Nico!

NC23Rogue
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue Platinum

Thanks VStar. I I inserted the rear belts into the buckles including the center belt so I'm all set there.

I meant to say no Wireless Android Auto but wireless Apple iPhone is built in. Why when a Bluetooth device is $10.00 on Amazon? It would be cheaper for Nissan to build it in so it makes no sense to me to piss off the Android users which account for close to 70% of the global market.

I've bought and returned two covers for my Android phone trying to get the wireless charger to work to no avail. It works fine if I take the cover off but then I have a slippery phone to deal with. There must be a cover out there that works with an Android 5G phone.

There are many things I like on the car buts it's the little things that don't work that are irritating.

My wife wont drive it due to the a** backwards electronic drive shifter.

Thecoop
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV

I bought a 2021 Rogue SV AWD with full sunroof, heated mirrors, heated seats, heated steering wheel and whatever else it comes with. It had 10,000 miles on it, all black, nice and shiny. Could not pass it up after my Hyundai Tucson engine blew. We had a Rogue rental a few months ago for 9 days and fell in love with it. I love the way it handles. Just got to my first oil change, full synthetic all the way. Every 5K. I am in Baltimore. Got it for 25K with a 7K trade in for the blown engine Tucson. So far had it 2 months and 6K miles later, loving it.

oldnissanguy
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue SE
2023 Nissan Rogue S

I've had my 2023 Rogue S AWD for a couple of months. It's my preferred "refrigerator white" (QAK) with Charco/Black interior. I got the AWD because they didn't have one without it. First impressions: It drives much nicer and is more comfortable than my 2013 Rogue that has 123K miles. I haven't measured it, but the turning radius seems shorter than my old Rogue. There are a LOT of electronics. I think my wife has finally mastered the electronic shifter/park brake. This is my first vehicle with high beltline styling. Once you're in and shut the door it kind of feels like you're in a tank. Maybe if I was 6' tall...... It does offer some DYI challenges like changing the oil. My wife also finds the rear seatbelt light disconcerting while I'm annoyed by the clamshell doors on the console glove box. We did get an aftermarket tray for that to help organize it a little better. My wife does like the lane alert feature because now the car yells at me and she doesn't have to when I get too close to the lines. :blush:

All-in-all we'll get accustomed to the new stuff. I hope it will be as dependable and durable as our other Nissans have been.

750lbclub
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue S

New to this forum. Wife is driving a 2021 Rogue S for her daily after our youngest daughter crashed the Suburban. It is what it is or will be. Anyway, so far, I've been satisfied with it. I'm not much for the Etch-a-Sketch screen, but I'll come around. Besides, it isn't my DD anyway. But the hood starts getting a little "nervous" about 95 mph. I do most of the maintenance for our vehicles. With 4 grown kids and some new family members thru marriages we have plenty of cars and trucks to look after. I use a Innova 5160 scan tool and have plenty of hand tools, although I do not call myself a mechanic. But I do call myself capable. But I do have patience, time, and box of band aids if need be. Regards, D

alaroche_eng
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV

I tried a Nissan Rogue 2023 with the Nav system. I really enjoyed to see the road max speed in the odometer.

alaroche_eng
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV

Is the leaks from the sunroof is something of the past ? I had this problem with a Nissan 2018.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Hopefully yes. We haven't seen any sunroof overflows yet on any gen3's, so I haven't inspected the drains yet to see if they have any of the same problems. I hope that means Nissan got it right this time.

Sandstrom
Car: 2024 Nissan Qashqai (Rogue Sport) N-CONNECTA

Hello all.

Intro with some quiz :)

I Just purchased a new NISSAN QASHQAI N-CONNECTA, retailer had a good offer for model which were on the way now, so there wasn´t so many choices regarding audio and other features available.

On test drive the sound wasn´t that quality that id like to listen music.
I´d like to upgrade audio and hopefully install an DSP amp which I just uninstalled from my previous car.

I have googled and searched a lot of web sites, but I haven´t found an answer and/or guide how to install it.
So, there is few questions to be solved before I start working.
• Where the audio unit is placed (not display, at least in Skoda it was separately in clove box)
• Does anyone know if Nissan has ISO or DIN Connectors on audio unit.
• Any guides/instructions how to get access to main audio system wiring and/or how to install DSP / amp proper way. (for Skoda there was plenty of guides and installation took only ~1 hour)
And last, any experience, if keeping the original speaker and adding a under seat sub if good enough, or is it necessary to replace factory speaker as well?
/Calle

PS: car will be delivered on week 4, so there is time do homework before that

Return to “Rogue Forum”