3M chip guard for an Infiniti M35 Sport

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
chaduken
Car: Infiniti M35

hey,I just got an M35 sport last weekend and I'm loving it. I'm new to this forum but reading through some of the stuff this is really an awesome forum. I was wondering if anyone got the chip guard stuff thats available when you purchase the vehicle. I don't want any chips from debris, but has anyone else got it and what are your thoughts on it?

Bugaboo
Car: J30

The 3m clear hood protector is known to turn or fad a yellow color. This happens because it has no uv protector. Plus they make a precut piece for the M. This only goes up to the edge, not over and under the hood for complete covering. I have a product by the name of avery dennison put on. Either way it is worth the invest. Price should range from 250.00 to 350.00

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

chaduken wrote:hey,I just got an M35 sport last weekend and I'm loving it. I'm new to this forum but reading through some of the stuff this is really an awesome forum. I was wondering if anyone got the chip guard stuff thats available when you purchase the vehicle. I don't want any chips from debris, but has anyone else got it and what are your thoughts on it?
Welcome to NICO!

Please post pictures and driving experiences when you get a chance.

You might also want to checkout http://www.stongard.com ... it is pricey, but an excellent alternative to prevent damage. They also protect the lights from damage. Using an 80mil material rather than the usual 40mil.

Z

chaduken
Car: Infiniti M35

Thanks, I'll look into it! I'll get pictures up ASAP too.

Jason B

Thought I would share my experience here... Even though it's not an M, it's the same process and my installer can also do any Infiniti.

I decided not to clear bar the HOOD like most.

Why? I didn't want to see that "line". I know it would drive me nuts when waxing, and when dust collects. Plus, my car is a 2002, and no chips really anywhere on the hood anyway - - they all seem happen on the bumper, and lower lip spoiler.

I had the lower lip spoiler done and the full front bumper, and thicker pieces on the headlights. You cannot tell this has the clear bra with this setup unless your eyes are 2 inches from the car, not like others.

All work was performed by:

Negley EnterprisesMobile ServiceHarrisburg, PA 17111717-574-1323[email protected]

If you go with him, tell him Jason sent you. He said he will DISCOUNT if I send him more people!

Great guy, as anal as I am, which is anal! His hobby is cars as well, and flawless work.

Now for the pics:

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Very, very nice, Jason!

Z

Intermezzo
Car: M35 Sport

This isn't an M either, but thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

It's definitely needed the most on the front bumpers areas, especially if you have a body kit, but I don't think it's really much of a problem on the hood. It's slightly visible, but waxing without getting any residue on the edges is no problem. In fact, I find that waxing the bumper areas are much more difficult. You can see a lot of the wax residue in the lower areas that I need to remove eventually. I might just resort to using a spray sealant instead of having to deal with this problem all the time.

Whe waxing, I just make sure I apply the product 'one-way' when waxing near the bra edge. When polishing with my porter cable, I just cover the edge up with a narrow strip of painter's tape. None of these solutions are viable when trying to polish or wax my front bumper.

Modified by Intermezzo at 1:51 PM 5/26/2006
Modified by Intermezzo at 1:52 PM 5/26/2006

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”