370z wont start. Timing issues?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
BStewardSR
Car: 2009 370Z Sport package 6MT

Please HELP!
This 370z is making me crazy. lol Heres the "story"

about 8 months ago, The car was driving fine. On a COLD January night SES light came on (later discovered that it set a PO340 dtc) and went into limp mode. It was able to be driven home 20 miles away but wouldn't rev above 2000 RPM or so. We discovered it was about a quart low on oil (Synthetic Royal Purple 5w30) so after topping up the oil level I tried to restart the engine and it has NEVER started again since. Different codes are present now, P011 and P021.
After complete inspection for obvious problems like loose connectors or low battery voltage, We replaced the right cam sensor and cleared the ECM of all temporary codes. Still no start. It spins over and sounds like its ALMOST about to start and the smell of fuel is obvious. Later a Nissan Tech suggested that the POS sensor at the crankshaft could cause the same issue. SO we replaced the other cam sensor AND the POS Crankshaft sensor near the flywheel. STILL nothing.

I have actually removed the Transmission and inspected the new POS sensor / Aftermarket SPEC Flywheel for a timing issue. nothing obvious found.

Has anyone else here experienced anything like this?

Thanks for any input.

Aztec
Car: 2003 350 Z touring model

yes but mine starts after about 20-30 sec of cranking i also replaced the 2 cam angle sensors, crank angle sensor,cleared codes now get the drivers side cam angle is bad (its not) my Mechanic says after running another scan that its the drivers side variable timing solenoid,its an easy fix on top of drivers side bank in front 3 10mm bolts ,1 click on ele connector. & your done.

laytonanthony
Car: Nissan 370z GT coupe in le man's blue and nissan 370z GT convertible in gun metal grey

P0011 and P0021 are related to low oil pressure! What mileage has your zed done?

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”