370Z clutch

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
sx moneypit
Car: 2010 370Z
1986 Toyota MR2

I have had my Z for about a month now and i am not too impressed with the clutch.I find that it is difficult to make smooth low speed takeoffs and shifts.It makes it a PITA to drive in traffic.Anyone else have this problem?

figgsy4ever
Car: 370zNISMO

sx moneypit wrote:I have had my Z for about a month now and i am not too impressed with the clutch.I find that it is difficult to make smooth low speed takeoffs and shifts.It makes it a PITA to drive in traffic.Anyone else have this problem?
Interesting you mention this
I had the same symptoms you describe however
after about 300 miles it is very smooth and easy to "slow launch" :chuckle:
I was trying too hard to baby it
and after a few jackrabbitstarts she settled right down. :inout:
I believe there is corrosion that takes place on the flywheel and pressure plate
after not being driven for and extended period of time.
I noticed a very dark film on my rotors not rusty but very dark and pitted
this is gone now and the rotors look like new.

jerryd1987
Car: 03 350z many mods inc next year

http://www.rjmperformance.com/
best investment you can make if you only buy one part for the car. the 350 and 370 pedals are far from stellar but this thing makes my custom 6 puck southbend clutch(built to handle at a bare minimum 825 ft lbs of torque at the engine) perform better then stock even.

sx moneypit
1986 Toyota MR2

Thanks for the input guys.
Jerry,that clutch pedal assembly sounds like it will address the issue i am having.
Thank you for that link, it looks like a high quality setup and not a bad price either!

jerryd1987

yah one of those products that on the other forums everyone got and everyone loved lol

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

I know this was months ago, but Ben have you researched the helper spring mod for the 370? Tons of guys have done this because they feel that engagement doesn't quite communicate well with your foot, resulting in some inconsistent foot work, especially at lower speeds.

Many simply remove it... If you're interested I will find a write up and repost.

jerryd1987

xenon the bracket i suggested both removes the spring and makes the pedal adjustable so the individuals can adjust it to exactly what they want. hands down one of the best mods you can make to a z or g regardless of goals or power levels.

sx moneypit
1986 Toyota MR2

XenonSE-R wrote:I know this was months ago, but Ben have you researched the helper spring mod for the 370? Tons of guys have done this because they feel that engagement doesn't quite communicate well with your foot, resulting in some inconsistent foot work, especially at lower speeds.

Many simply remove it... If you're interested I will find a write up and repost.
I have seen a few write ups where the spring is replaced with a softer one but not where it was removed completely.I suppose i could try that and see how it feels then and if i still don't like it i could break down and get one of the pedal assemblies that Jerry talked about.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”