350z will only idle. Dies when try and rev

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Adhal7
Car: 1990 TTZ

I bought a 2003 salvaged 350z, It needed right front suspension, frame work on the right, pass air bags and seat belt, thats about it. I got it all together and now it won't run properly. It will start and idle fine and it is fine for 5 min or so and will drive and rev fine. Then after it starts to warm up after 5 min or so it will only Idle. If I touch the throttle it dies or cuts out will not rev.

Some things I've tried;
Fuel Pump
MAF
Crank and Cam sensors
ECU wiring harness to engine bay
Disconnected cats and issue still happens
ECT sensor
Throttle body

When I disconnect the ECT sensor, the car seems to run fine but as soon as I reconnect it it goes back to the same issue. There is no codes stored in the car

Fuel pressure seems to drop when stall happens.

I uploaded a video of the stall and fuel pressure. It almost seems like the ecu losses power when it happens, and if I let the car stall and keep the throttle pressed I can hear the fuel pump relay clicking repeatedly. Once I let off the throttle (while the car is still off from stalling) I the fuel pump primes again.

In the video the car doesn't stall because if you let off the throttle quick enough, it will catch it self and run.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”