350z

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

So, first post in this forum. Anyone read the article in R & T about the new Z? I can't afford one right now, but it's cool that Nissan brought it back.

:Werd

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

now they have to bring back the 240sx with an engine of its own, not from a truck.

Ben '95 240sx SE

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

repo man wrote:So, first post in this forum. Anyone read the article in R & T about the new Z? I can't afford one right now, but it's cool that Nissan brought it back.

:Werd
man, i read that article everytime i see the magazine. nissan really squeezed more extra HP out of that motor compared to everything else it's in. i wonder if there's anything left. i believe all they said that was done to the motor was more aggresive cams and maybe a freer flowing exhaust. of course the ecu was played with too. if i ever figure out what my next vehicle is going to be and it happens to be a new Z then i have to figure out wich trim level to get. i don't know if the track trim is worth it or not. maybe just get the base since the motor is all the same.

Buster Hyman

I may buy one in ten years when they will be affordable to the working man

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I read that article too.The car looks awesome..

5.4 sec 0-60!!!

The loaded ones may be 35k but...The base is only 27k......;)

Fred...:)

Repo Man

Saw the latest review in Motor Trend today. They got the same 5.4 0-60, but ran 13.9 @ 102mph in the quarter. Nothing but raves for the performance, but didn't think the styling would hold up for the next 3-4 years. I think it will.

I can't wait until they turbo that b**** and REALLY stomp some a**. :rockon

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

I want one soooo bad, too bad I'm 20 and broke. 13.9 stock....just think with simple bolt ons....can we say low to flat 13s all motor??

I want to see a turbo z come out soooo bad, however I believe they will use a smaller engine, maybe the VQ25DET, used in the new Stagea in Japan...whatever engine it is, it'll be quick.

I'd go with the base model, however I'd want the aero kit. As long as the base comes with LSD, I'd take it.

Mayhem_J30

APEXi240 wrote:I want one soooo bad, too bad I'm 20 and broke. 13.9 stock....just think with simple bolt ons....can we say low to flat 13s all motor??

I want to see a turbo z come out soooo bad, however I believe they will use a smaller engine, maybe the VQ25DET, used in the new Stagea in Japan...whatever engine it is, it'll be quick.

I'd go with the base model, however I'd want the aero kit. As long as the base comes with LSD, I'd take it.
well i know the base will not have lsd. it also doesn't have the carbon fiber driveshaft if i read the article correctly. the price jump on the track model for larger wheels and brakes doesn't seem worth it to me.what was the reason for the 300Z being so expensive to produce? was it the turbos?

Repo Man

Yes, I think it was the TT setup that was not shared in any other platform. I think their approach to the 350 is much better, that is parts-sharing with several of their other cars that will be sold en masse in the U.S.

The track model does not seem worth the extra $$$ to me either, but it would be sweet nonetheless. The aftermarket will bring wheel and brake upgrades I'm certain.

It's my opinion that many people will buy the track model and have no idea how to put it to use. Just like some buy the Z06 Vette and drive it like it's a Park Avenue.

I can't wait to toy with somebody driving one while in my 240 just to see what it's got! :poke

Mayhem_J30

now that i recall i little more from the article. the suspension was exactly the same too. same spring rates and sway bars. i would expect the spring rates to become more agressive, but maybe they're already aggressive as is. the test drives all point to little body roll and solid handling. i also enjoyed the visions that went though my head as they described understeer not taking affect until cornering is pushed to it's farthest edge.

has anybody heard any rumors floating around on the big Z boards about SC's or anything in the future? (besides convertibles)

APEXi240

The track model definitly isn't worth it....I actually like the look of the base wheels better, and if I wanted some Rays Wheels, I'd buy something nicer, say a set of CE28s, or TE37s. If I got it (which I never will) I'd want it as base as possible, with just an LSD as an option....because that is so key with 285hp. Track model=wasted money.

Mayhem_J30

APEXi240 wrote:The track model definitly isn't worth it....I actually like the look of the base wheels better, and if I wanted some Rays Wheels, I'd buy something nicer, say a set of CE28s, or TE37s. If I got it (which I never will) I'd want it as base as possible, with just an LSD as an option....because that is so key with 285hp. Track model=wasted money.
yes, what's the point of a RWD sports car without LSD. i could live without a carbon fiber driveshaft :rolleyes

APEXi240

It's amazing, in Japan they got the same motor as we did....I believe this was a bad move on Nissans part. Japan is all about turbo, how do they expect the z to compete with the final year of production of the RX-7, or even their own S15....

The new RX-8 is also going to be N/A right? What is up with this seemingly present trend make N/A production "super" cars???

240sleeper

I have the joy of working at a nissan dealership. Anyway they gave us the lowdown on the 350. The power windows actually raise up inside the body to prevent theft and road noise. When the driver opens the door the window lowers an 1/8 of a inch to allow the door to open, and subsequently when closing door it goes back up. The problem is that many of the cars are equipped with heated leather seat warmers which have no auto shut off. Basically if the seats are left on after turning the car off it will drain the battery. Obviously with no battery the window motor will not work so opening the door will cause the window to shatter :rolleyes . We have already had one guy come in with his window busted because he was pissed and opened his door to fast while the battery was drained splintering the glass. Another quirk about the car is the tire valves have sensors in them to let the car know when the pressure is low. They are $100 a piece if they break or if a inexperienced tire change shop uses a standard valve. Its a beautiful car but there are many other things the engineers could have improved. Just wait to y'all see the Murano when they launch it in November :thumbup :thumbup

Mayhem_J30

240sleeper wrote:I have the joy of working at a nissan dealership. Anyway they gave us the lowdown on the 350. The power windows actually raise up inside the body to prevent theft and road noise. When the driver opens the door the window lowers an 1/8 of a inch to allow the door to open, and subsequently when closing door it goes back up. The problem is that many of the cars are equipped with heated leather seat warmers which have no auto shut off. Basically if the seats are left on after turning the car off it will drain the battery. Obviously with no battery the window motor will not work so opening the door will cause the window to shatter :rolleyes . We have already had one guy come in with his window busted because he was pissed and opened his door to fast while the battery was drained splintering the glass. Another quirk about the car is the tire valves have sensors in them to let the car know when the pressure is low. They are $100 a piece if they break or if a inexperienced tire change shop uses a standard valve. Its a beautiful car but there are many other things the engineers could have improved. Just wait to y'all see the Murano when they launch it in November :thumbup :thumbup
theft prevention is a good thing, but the window idea seems a little odd. do you have to pull on the handle from the inside then wait a half second for the window to go down before you can open it? what if you get freezing rain one night, that window sure as hell is not going down.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

^ Porshe has done this window thing for a while without any major problems, but we'll see about Nissan's adventure.

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

was hopeing the damn thing would have quirks like that , stuff like that is why olds trofeos never sold

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”