350z seems like soothing is loose when I take off. I can feel the shifter move when I go to take off in first.qsomething

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Gonzobeenz
Car: 06 Nissan 350z

So decided to take my Z to the dragstrip. Long story short it was a bad idea. I later came to realize that there was something off about when I would go to take off from a complete stop. It basically feels like my shifter wobbles when I go to take off. It feels as though something is loose and the shifter moves along with it. Any idea what it might be?

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Motor mount? Taking your car to the strip wasn't necessarily a bad idea, it just might have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. If you lost a mount it was gonna happen eventually, you just sped up it's death, like shooting a zombie bite victim before they turn ;) Back on point I suspect you lost a motor mount or a trans mount, maybe both. Just gotta get it up in the air and check them out.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”