350z restoration.

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

This is NOT my work. I saw this on the s2000 forum. This guy is good.

Hey everyone,

So I had this beautiful car to work on for two days. It was definitely tiring but well worth it. I ran a little short on time and was not able to address the rear lights but I will be making a short trip to look after that this coming week. Also there were swirls underneath the clear bra that could not be addressed.

Paint wise you can tell the paint was not in the greatest condition. At first I thought I was looking at a different Z as when I first saw the Z it looked maroon. You have to love the metal flake. In terms of the correction I was happy with the outcome.

Enough of my blabbering. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

I know i know, just one last note this was by far the nicest client I have ever had. I hope everyone is able to have a client that is like this. I was brought lemon water, cookies and was even invited to stay for dinner. Amazing people so I wanted to do an even better job.

Here we go.

WashMeguars Gold ClassSheep Skin Wash Mitts (Panels)Microfiber Wash Mitt (Wheels)Grit Guard3 BucketsWheel BrushEZ BrushStoners TarminatorP21S Metal PolishP21S TAW0000 Steel Wool

ClayRiccardo YellowQID & H20

Paint Correction2 x Makita PE 12-175PC 74243M UK BPSonus Yellow CompoundingSonus White PolishingLCC Yellow 4 inchLCC White 4 inchMenzerna SIPMenzerna PFMenzerna 80RD

EquipmentDefelsko PTGFenix Tk10HalogenBrinkman10 x 10 CanopyA bunch of spray bottles

LSP Paint: Natty BlueWheels: PB's Wheel WaxTires: OPT

BEFORES

DURING

First up is a test panel on the hood. I started off with white pad with PO85RD and there was minimal difference if anything at all. I then bumped it up to white pad with PF that did quite well however I had to make three passes with that combo to get to results I was happy with. I decided for most of the vehicle I would just use the combo of white and menz PF as I found the softness in the polishing pad was preferable over using a combo like Yellow and SIP and finish up with White, PF then White and PO85RD. It took me about 2-3 hours to get to this point. Was it worth it? Yes. Whoops just noticed that I am missing a step that I didn't take a picture of. The last picture above was after my second hit of the white pad and PF and not the third.

Passenger side front passenger panel 50/50.

Side mirror

Sun shot of hood

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/ind...03647

What's great is he lists all of his supplies, so you can get the idea of what to use for what.
Modified by Looneybomber at 5:59 PM 6/18/2009

Looneybomber
10 G37S (white)

Rocker panel corrected

Driver side corrected

AFTERS

Favourite Shot: Mind the George Constanza pose. :afro:

Ignore the wax residue please.

Looneybomber
10 G37S (white)

Final pics by owner

Time Worked: 19 Hours ( Day 1: 12 Hours, Day 2: 7 Hours)

Return to “Detailing Forum”