350z Exhaust choices

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
vuse1

my friend is buying exhaust for his 350, he has the choice between RSR GT-2, Tanabe RM, or Invidia. i think the power gains will be pretty much the same with all exhausts, but hes just lookin for opinions. thanks

Checkered-Member
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima(modded), 2003 Audi A6 2.7T(stock)

my friend has RSR GT-2, he likes them allot, but I have nothing to compare them with….

AREITU

350Z Exhaust Museum

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

This one looke sweet.

AREITU

vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

what other mods does the guy with the z have? If none, it might be wiser to go with a crawford or kinetix plenum. These are a much better "bang for the buck" item than the exhausts which typically range upwards of 1200.00. for that price you can do crawford or RT high flow cats and a crawford plenum, still look stock outside yet gain almost 700 rpm's on your powerband.

another good "bang for the buck" mod is JWT flywheel or any other flywheel/clutch combo you can find for around 1000.00

If he has other mods already, I have heard nothing but good things about the RSR

Or if he is going for looks only, than an exhaust is the way to go. The Crawford Plenum makes more of an effect on the exhaust note than a catback does. With the high flow cats and plenum, even a stock exhaust sounds exotic.

AREITU

vq35de wrote:what other mods does the guy with the z have? If none, it might be wiser to go with a crawford or kinetix plenum. These are a much better "bang for the buck" item than the exhausts which typically range upwards of 1200.00. for that price you can do crawford or RT high flow cats and a crawford plenum, still look stock outside yet gain almost 700 rpm's on your powerband.

another good "bang for the buck" mod is JWT flywheel or any other flywheel/clutch combo you can find for around 1000.00

If he has other mods already, I have heard nothing but good things about the RSR

Or if he is going for looks only, than an exhaust is the way to go. The Crawford Plenum makes more of an effect on the exhaust note than a catback does. With the high flow cats and plenum, even a stock exhaust sounds exotic.

It was concluded the crawford plenum does basically nothing on a stock car. High flow cats or no cats, a flywheel and Technosquare ECU reflash would make the biggest difference

vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

aretu, where was that concluded at? and was it for version 1,2,3,4 or 5 plenum?

I realize it didn't make much difference on peak hp, but you gain ~20 hp from 6200 rpm up. to me that is a big difference.

some people don't use the upper part of the rpm band, but I do.

hatebobbarker
Car: 350z, 240sx(for sale)

he concluded that from riding in my car with the technosquare flash and riding in one without it.the crawford dynos only pan out like that for crawford.the kinetix on the other hand has no conflicting stories.

RS*R is a good exhaust, alot of turbos run it, veilside has the largest diameter if hes gonna go turbo. amuse was sex but $2k worth of sex.

tanabe did not do well for the Z, proven power loss(im guessing they didnt r&d). i dotn buy invidia as a matter of principle since that name came from RS*R originally and now someone else is cashing in on it.

Broaner
Car: 95 Maxima & 240SX

RT Cats do nothing no matter what car they are on. The only way to use "Gained power" and "cat" in the same sentence is if the sentence also has "straight piped" in it as well.

hatebobbarker
Car: 350z, 240sx(for sale)

Broaner wrote:RT Cats do nothing no matter what car they are on. The only way to use "Gained power" and "cat" in the same sentence is if the sentence also has "straight piped" in it as well.
are you jsut throwing that out there, because nobody mentioned RT cats

Broaner
Car: 95 Maxima & 240SX

bobbarker wrote:are you jsut throwing that out there, because nobody mentioned RT cats
Really? It seems VQ35de said, "for that price you can do crawford or RT high flow cats and a crawford plenum"

My statement holds true for any aftermarket high-flow cat on the market.

350g
Car: 2003 Nissan 350Z TT

Why has your friend confined himself to those three? Is it a budget limit or merely the ones he's familiar with?

What are his future goals in terms of whp? What type of exhaust note is he looking for (aggressive, tame)?

I used to own a RSr and I really didn't enjoy the droning note that occurred between, let's say 2500-3100 rpms when NA. On the TT setup, it was similiar to stock. I've heard my RSr versus an Invidia and they sound virtually identical. Besides the droning, I was not a big fan of the fact that RSr used mild steel on their 1st production--from what I gather, they just recently changed over to stainless.

At the moment, I am using Kinetix test pipes and the Espelir True Dual system. Why? I love that its quiet and has an exotic tone when in the high revs. It looks exactly like the Injen True Dual, but I think its quieter.

G

240 GTR
Car: '98 240sx. 2006 yamaha raptor 700r

anybody have sound clips?

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

I did have a site save w/ sound clips but its gone now.

partymonster 975
Car: 03 Maxima SE, 94 Corolla

Has anyone used the TOP SECRET exhaust system. Looks good to me, if I got a Z I'd get it.

NoOneBetter

my friend has the Nismo exhaust and intake.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”