350z Auto-x?

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
ldstang50

I don't see to many z's auto-xing. Are there any guys on here who auto-x? If so, where you from, what class do you run in and what mods do you have?

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

mostly I run this in EM, but it's been waitign on a fresh engine for about a year now, it'll be back ont he priority list soonI ran this at the last event of the year, also EM, it was buitl for and ran in the the GRM $2008 challengeand I've run this in BS and STO (local street tire class, formerly known as STFU changed to satisfy some members) and SM2 and EM

ldstang50

E-mod, one of my favorite classes. How long you been auto-xing?

evildky

about 10 years

and yeah EM is fun, you never know whats going to show up, supercharged viper, WRX, all maner of oddball builds, at regionals the locost/stalker/lotus 7 clones seem to be the ride of choice

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

evildky wrote:formerly known as STFU changed to satisfy some members
Now, THAT'S an autox class! hahaha, niceeeee.

My friend runs BS w/ the street tire index (Sk1, I believe) in his 350z. He's more of a lurker on the forums, though. Several z's in my area here & there.

Sadly, nico doesn't have a very active road racing/autox forum.

evildky

onosqv wrote:My friend runs BS w/ the street tire index (Sk1, I believe) in his 350z.
what sanctioning body does this? I know SCCA doesn't and I thought the nasa calsses worked completely different

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

evildky wrote:what sanctioning body does this? I know SCCA doesn't and I thought the nasa calsses worked completely different
Sorry I wasn't specific. It's SCCA - I believe the SK street tire index is a local subclass/index for Southern California region - keeps people from NEEDING to buy r-comps.

evildky

ah, thats kinda what STFU was now STO, Stree tire fully unlimited or street tire open, btu being a local class there was no pax index value, they got entered with am index which of course is zero

ldstang50

Classes are now so very dependant as to what club you run with.The club I mainly run with classed and bumped according to SCCA, but we are pretty small, roughly 100 cars per event. So some classes go unfilled or barely anyone there.This year we changed our system a little bit based on who shows up mainly.All of the SCCA ST class STS2, STS, STX, STU, we combined them into one class called STA (street tire anything). The cars have to abide by their respected class rules but run against each other.In another club I run with, they run the full gamat of SCCA classes, then ontop of that, they run a PAXED class for every SCCA class. So for instance, if you are a BS car, but don't want to run BS that day. You can run in the paxed class and received a PAXed time based on your PAX for the class you are supposed to run in.

crackler
Car: ZOMG JDM TYT3

There are a couple of Z's that run here in KC . one or two 350's, BS IIRC; and a couple of ESP 300's. one is a VERY nice slick top, he also has a TT beast making a fair amount of power. Can't remember for sure how much though.

And I autoX. . . . . .

A chick car. LOL

We have a street tire class here too, but it is SCCA.

We HAD a local club, but they are going dormant this year due to "lack of interest in running the club". They had a street tire class, as well as a "pro" class that was based off of pax. All of the hot shoes would run Pro, so us little guys could have a chance.

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

i know a couple guys around denver that run their z's

one runs in AT and the other runs in BSP

NFSP 350
Car: 04 Nissan 350Z Red Enthusiust

My friend an Panama City, FL drives to Dothan, AL to auto-x his 1991 300z. He does very good.

NFSP G35
Car: 2003.0 Infiniti G35 Sedan

NFSP 350 wrote:My friend an Panama City, FL drives to Dothan, AL to auto-x his 1991 300z. He does very good.
I've been with the guy he's talking about to Dothan (actually a bit north of there) and to SGMP in Adel Ga (just north of Valdosta)

It is quite a lot of fun, I've driven my 2000 Trans-Am at SGMP and his 300zx (it's a 1988 btw) in AL. He's put new wheels, tires, turbo springs, and shocks (i think) since then and hasn't been autocrossing since. Really want to go again.

I put together a video of one of our trips and put it on youtube. There's also a video of me in my old 94 Trans-Am racing Wes (NFSP 350) in his old Scion tC.http://www.youtube.com/nfspmotorsports

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”