320 truck Clutch Master Cylinder Repair

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Speeddoctor
Car: Nissans, Infinitis, datsuns, motorsickles,
NICO founder April 22, 2000

Hydraulic parts wear...moisture and lack of use are the enemy. Starting with the 400 series, parts get a little easier to find....My 320 p/u needs all hydraulics thx to it getting too much moisture in a storage setting and age....the trucks...not mine....

So, I am starting with the clutch master....none available....rebuilt kits available on a good day...but many times the cylinder bores are trashed and that and other things make the kits short-lived...why not get a new one from a newer Datsun series.....hence the 240Z...33 bucks including resevoir at Autozone....new!.Bolts right in and requires a little adjusting of the pedal...the Z car will always have parts....Great solution to a great truck. S.D.

Stay tuned for front disc brake conversion thx to engineer..Jason Pope

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

whoa... speeddoctor posting in the 320 section!

thanks for the info!

Speeddoctor
Car: Nissans, Infinitis, datsuns, motorsickles,
NICO founder April 22, 2000

pez:Hello to you! i love deez club.......and i love deez cars......i am thankful that i am getting the time to be back in NICO and getting to some of my projects...look for the disc brake info...pretty cool....

tonalteco
Car: 320 pick up

So...what year should i ask on the clutch master cylinder for at autozone? You said newer, how new? thanks
i also wanted to ask you if u know of a fast solution for the brake master cylinder as well.
thank you much again
tonalteco

Return to “Datsun 320”