320 tranny help ?!

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
320NUT

Hey there!!

I have a '63 L320 with a '66 J-13 motor and a transmission I need help identifying. I'm looking for info on my 4-speed with floor shift it has the code  2LT5  346  on outside of the bell housing and the code 12_14_1  on the side of it; It also has an isignia of a circle within a circle disected with straight lines thru it. Any help on this as well as any info on this tranny would be much appreciated.  P.S. - I opened the case on the tranny and there are 2 gears (one upper and one of the two lower) are screwed up.                               

Thanks -- Matt :)

Victor Laury

Matt the item you are refering to is  th Hitachi Logo. In the early 60's Hitachi was Nissan's main component vendor. The 320 pickup and the bluebird would almost quailfy as an Hitachi product, wearing that logo on the bonnet instead of Datsun.

As far as the part number for the floor shift 4 speed, seeing that you have a 63, which did not come with a floor shift and you have a J-13, I'm guessing that the tranny came with the engine from a 520. I have that part number at home, and I'll post it later today.
[img]http://www.railwayanapage.com/images/hitachi.jpg[/img]

Victor Laury

32010-14957 Floor shift 4 speed, Hitachi "top loader"

Wish I had a scanner, I've got the parts book with diagrams.

Victor Laury

If you need parts, I suggest Les Cannaday at Classic Datsun Motorsports. He's got a bunch of them in his tranny stack.

320NUT

Hey Victor !

thanks for the info on my tranny. I suspected it was an hitachi but wasn't sure.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could possibly bring your parts book for : #32010-14957 Hitachi "Top Loader" floor shift tranny to a copy house (kinkos or Staples etc.) and have them scan it and save to a disk/CD. I'm not sure how big this book is, therefore, How much $ it'll take. However, I would possibly pay the cost if you could do it.      ????????? :)

Peace- Matt    [email protected]

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”