30K service - Tell me what you think

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
CakeDaddy
Car: Y34,Pathfinder SE, Mercedes CLK500AMG Sport Pkg & A Fleet of Premium Avis Rental Cars

I’ll be hitting 30,000 on the M by the end of winter, so who has gone in for the 30k service from Infiniti? I’ve read numerous post from other Infiniti owners (non Y34’s) and the generally consensus is that it’s a complete cash cow or in layman’s term, A RIP OFF!

I’m thinking of telling the dealer the following: Do not to rotate my tires( I have staggered 20’s), do not check the pressure, my air filer has been changed 2,000 ago, the hell with the cabin filter, I can inspect my own brakes, or have Midas do it for free, my battery is 2 months old, my light work fine, wipers are good, I can clean my own brakes

I boosted this from another thread (FX 35/45) and it appears that a lot of inspecting is going on. I read post after post on how the dealer is taking people to the bank on this non scene. People are getting charged between $500-$1000 on a 30k service, but for what!!!!??!!

Rotate and balance tiresScope and adjust (wtf is this?)Inspect suspension for leaks. Inspect engine for leaksReplace air filterCheck tire pressureInspect drive beltsInspect vapor linesInspect fuel linesReplace engine coolantInspect exhaust systemInspect brake lines and cables. Inspect brake pads and discsService batteryDifferential oil serviceCheck operation of lightsFill fluids as neccessaryReplace wiper insertsClean and adjust brakes.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Here are some prices from a local Infiniti dealership: zerothread?id=148207. With a coupon (that I get regularly in the mail), the 30k service price for a 2003 M45 is $549.88 there.

And, yes, there is a lot of "inspection" stuff. Strictly speaking, you do not need to have them do all this stuff if you are comfortable doing it yourself! It is certainly possible to simply select the items you want them to do and ask for those to be done only. Dealer rates are expensive in general.

Z

auditech10
Car: 03 M45

Ill do it all for you for half price!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

auditech10 wrote:Ill do it all for you for half price!
Heck of an offer! Do you work for an Infiniti dealer or is this your own place or ...?

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”