302 and tranny

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Slidin sideways
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx

Hello out there. Well I know that there have been quite a few 302 swaps done on the 240's and I have one queston. What transmission did anyone use. I recently was given 2 motors and a 3 speed manual tranny. The tranny is cable clutch. If anyone used a t5 most likely it was cable Clutha as well. Another question would be what cable was used. Any help would be nice.

SA_S13_0201
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx

the 3 spd most likely came out of a mustang or cougar. especially if its attached to a 302. use a 67 mustang cable. as you already know that swap's a lot of fab. look online for a picture of the driver side engine bay for reference. your gonna need a short cable I.E. 67 mustang because the 302 will sit far back in the engine bay because of positioning for clearance. imo sell that 3 sd. i hate the gear pattern and there not the best. if anything get a t10 4 spd there bullet proof and relatively thin so better clearance and hopefully no firewall hacking. 3spds are just a waste there junk. that trans mine as well of been made by dodge. but to a collector there worth alot. but t5 or t10 is the way to go IMO

Return to “Hybrids”