300zx (Z32) Blower motor issue

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
imsimple
Car: 300zx Z32

The other day my Z32 blower motor fan stopped working. I figured that it was time to replace it. A day later when i turned the car on, the blower came on with it then when i was driving, it shut off about 5 minutes into the drive. I again thought it was just going out. It proceeded to do this a few more times again until eventually it just gave out. I went ahead and bought a new blower motor and connected it to find out it still wasnt working. I checked all the fuses and the one relay to see if they where out. They where fine. I even replaced them to make sure. I bought a voltage tester pen ( not sure what its called but its the pen shaped object that tells me if power is comming through) and i applied it to the driver side blower motor fuse. No power came through. I tried the other fuses around it to make sure everything else is okay and power came through. So i know just the blower motor fuse block is broken, im not sure what to do from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

Its likely the blower motor resistor, its located on the front of the blower enclosure, remove your glove box, its the think with the plug and a heat sink. Usually the contacts desolder themselves over time, its a pretty easy fix. Do a search for the procedure, there are plenty of youtube videos.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”