300zx turn signals

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Bambinoelchicano
Car: 1995 300zx NA 2+0 5 spd

Hi guys and gals, got a 95 300zx NA 2+0 5spd. I’m having an issue with my right hand turn signals. When I first purchased the car I noticed the left side was blinking fast and the right was blinking normal. I messed with the Front turn signal bulbs and the right side started blinking fast and the other side went to normal. The rear bulbs are good and light up. When I turn the headlights on the right side will blink even faster. I tested the plug on the back of the turn signal assembly with my light tester. The light tester grounded on the battery, when I tested on the green black it was steady on. Tested on green red, it blinked. I changed out the flasher and it did the same. So I got curious and put my light tester on the positive side on battery and checked the connector again. Lit up good on ground, but here is the kicker. It also lit up when I tested the green/black and green/ red. I’m assuming there is a short somewhere, is it possible that it’s from the switch? Before anyone asks yes I did change the bulbs first. Any input will be appreciated. I, trying to get this crap resolved soon. Thanks in advance

Bambinoelchicano
Car: 1995 300zx NA 2+0 5 spd

Well no one seemed to have any input on this. I kept at it. I followed the wiring and everything looked good. I checked the front turn signal socket again and it had power on the actual metal socket which is supposed to be grounded. So I took the wire snippers to the socket wires and checked the bulb with the ground wire to the metal base of the bulb and took the green black wire to a contact on the bulb and it worked normal so I took a trip to napa and bought an 1157 socket, changed'er out and voila it all worked perfect. All is good in the world and both my turn signals are working normally. Hopefully this helps someone that cant figure out what is wrong with your turn signals if they are blinking fast.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”