300zx stock suspension on g50

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
the_momo
Car: 1997 VW Golf K2 (His)/ 2001 Black Lexus IS300 (Hers)

I recall a while ago damicci saying he was replacing his coilovers with stock 300zx suspension, just cursious if he, or anyone has any info moreso than what is needed to make it fit (i imagine its the same as whats needed t make the coilovers fit) such as ride height (stock components) quality, etc.

seems like it might be a more logical daily driver solution than coilovers and or airbags. or at least another option.

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

I never did. Ended up getting a smoking deal on stock g50 sus.

The guy i know who did do it though had about the same ride height as me with coilovers. I don't know about the quality but he said it was good enough for him.

thejapino
Car: '93 J30t

Here it isOEM z front shocksOEM z front springsOEM z front top hats

the rear z shocks are almost identical in height with the rear q shocks so you'd have to do some custom stuff to get a shorter shock in there.

As for ride quality; not bad but you may hit the front bumpstops occasionally on really bad potholes while turning! It still felt very soft on smooth roads though.

for more info, look for a thread I started in the q45 forum or in vsc, same username.

mista808
Car: G50 president

A member on vsc cut his stock coils, recommended me to cut I think 3 1/2 coils off mine so I did. But that member was sitting on 18's, im on 19's so it rubbed. I found some coil boosters and now it sits fine. Ride quality honestly isn't that bad. Its not bouncy/stiff like race springs. So if you plan on doing the cut coil method, and am planning on running 19s, id recommend cutting 2 1/2 coils first in the front. 3 coils in the rear should be cool.

the_momo
Car: 1997 VW Golf K2 (His)/ 2001 Black Lexus IS300 (Hers)

mista808 wrote:A member on vsc cut his stock coils, recommended me to cut I think 3 1/2 coils off mine so I did. But that member was sitting on 18's, im on 19's so it rubbed. I found some coil boosters and now it sits fine. Ride quality honestly isn't that bad. Its not bouncy/stiff like race springs. So if you plan on doing the cut coil method, and am planning on running 19s, id recommend cutting 2 1/2 coils first in the front. 3 coils in the rear should be cool.
what components was this setup with, not that i am really thinking of rolling cut springs, just curious.

i really appreciate the info about the shocks, im thinking of doing like a kyb agx shock with tein h tech springs. they are close to stock length (300zx stock, not q) and are a littlestiffer than stock. so might be a nice compromise of stifness, drop and comfort.

youngq45r
Car: Red 1993 Infiniti Q45- Was Granny Driven Perfect... Until I got T Boned...

any way you guys kno of to keep the stock ride quality without going bags? i need ne uppers anyway so im planing on the 300Z stuff. but i love the smothness of it now.

youngq45r
Car: Red 1993 Infiniti Q45- Was Granny Driven Perfect... Until I got T Boned...

If you did go bags, air struts, w/e, How low can you go on stock g50 stuff? How high could you go in Z32?

thejapino
Car: '93 J30t

front Z oem replacement shocks are around 2.5" shorter than front Z oem shocks.

zerothread?id=314402

Return to “VIP Forum”