300zx Owners, need your help!

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
SmithSR
Car: 240sx

Gurus, please help me with this problem!

In WA state, the average 1990 300zx N/A AUTO retails for $4-5k

This is a basic average I've come up with from looking at models from '90-'93, all with higher mileage(125k+), straight body, and a "clean" interior(no major damage)

Finally the QuestionWhat's the going rate for early '90's model year N/A cars, either AUTO or 5speed, in your area. Or, how much did you pay for yours??

The TT cars do not exist in the resale market here... so it's the N/A I'm searching on.

ThanksPHIL:)

stillmatic

I've seen 90 & up N/A 300zx Auto go for less than $3,500 in the Bay Area, CA. They go for $4000-$6000 in good condition, and the $6,000 price range usually consist of extremely modified twin turbo Z's.

$4-5 grand for an N/A auto is a bit too much. For that price, you can get a TT Z like this one: http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/21681151.html

[s3]

stillmatic wrote:I've seen 90 & up N/A 300zx Auto go for less than $3,500 in the Bay Area, CA. They go for $4000-$6000 in good condition, and the $6,000 price range usually consist of extremely modified twin turbo Z's.

$4-5 grand for an N/A auto is a bit too much. For that price, you can get a TT Z like this one: http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/21681151.html

N/A's are worth very little, everyone who has a N/A wants a TT or a TT swap.

Extremely modified N/As are also a joke, spend all that money just to get the the level of a stock TT.

Save the money, find a nice TT and buy that instead. You won't regret it.

Beware of low priced TTs tho, a 91 should be at least 8 to 10k if its in good condition. One that is going for $4k -5k either has both turbos blown ($2000+ labor to replace), and numerous other problems.

SmithSR

s3, thanks for the advice... TT's are such a rare find around here. Hell, even clean 94~ N/A cars are selling for $8k and up. One I even saw for $12,5oo. <--not a typo!

This was an N/A, manual tranny. Nutso.

[s3]

SmithSR wrote:s3, thanks for the advice... TT's are such a rare find around here. Hell, even clean 94~ N/A cars are selling for $8k and up. One I even saw for $12,5oo. <--not a typo!

This was an N/A, manual tranny. Nutso.

Go to http://www.twinturbo.net and look at the classifieds, a lotta people selling TTs.

You might have to travel out of state tho, but hey its worth it.

vexajin
Car: pimping...

Smith, :]

They are going for around 4 grand all the way up to $17,000 around here. i live in NH about 15 min from mass... but i love N/As because then you can always go on junkyarddog.com and get the stock turbo for real cheap..my buddy got one for his for $50.00 that included intercooler/ piping/ the turbo... ect... so its not bad idear to get an N/A i know someones gonna have some kinda remark to this but its true.. heh check out the site yourself...

[s3]

vexajin wrote:Smith, :]

They are going for around 4 grand all the way up to $17,000 around here. i live in NH about 15 min from mass... but i love N/As because then you can always go on junkyarddog.com and get the stock turbo for real cheap..my buddy got one for his for $50.00 that included intercooler/ piping/ the turbo... ect... so its not bad idear to get an N/A i know someones gonna have some kinda remark to this but its true.. heh check out the site yourself...

Please don't mouth off if you don't know what you're talking about and lead someone on.

http://www.twinturbo.net/net/v...37844

KaZ (VaBch)

Good Zs can be rather rare... sometimes you simply have to look nation wide... if you're serious about getting a Z, check Auttotrader.com and TwinTurbo.Net and look around. If you become a member on TT.Net you can request someone look at the car for you if its outta state, or you might even be able to find people who know of the car and its owner already (I am a TT.Net member, nick "KaZ (VaBch)"). Most Z32 guys are willing to lend a hand... just don't ask any stupid questions over there, they tend to flame rather quickly (as they do everywhere).

As far as price... NAs can range from $1000 (junk) to $13,000 for a '95-'96 in decent condition. TTs can run from $3500 (Project Car) to over $30,000 (later model, low mileage, and/or a lot of mods, dependent on what the owner wants). They're unfortunately not as rare as Supras, so they don't command a lofty price (thankfully for the buyer, sadly for the sellers). Just look around, and look the car over. Service history is a awesome thing to have on a Z, as they have timing belts, not chains, and if it goes, you're looking at a new motor. I'd take a good mechanical condition Z over a flawless cosmetic one any day of the week. Cosmetics can be fixed... as can mechanics, but mechanics are a LOT more expensive on Z32s.

Let me know if you have any questions.

[s3]

I like what you're doing with the S12

I wish they have the green "N" here too

KaZ (VaBch)

they just added that to TT.Net. Makes things a little easier on the veterans... we're not pulling our hair out thinking its a knowledgeable person asking assenine questions all the time... I mean the still do sometimes, but its a lot more people with the Green Badge Of Noobness then veterans. Thx for the compliment on my S12.

SmithSR

:eek:

Who you callin newbie!!?!

:cool: :D

Thanks for all the input, fellers..

CrazyModGSR

you guys are lucky with n/a z's going for 4-6k. the lowest i have seen is $6,500, most around around $8k

BaSeBaLL4L25
Car: sports, women , and cars

in Fl most Z's are in a price range of 4-8K. I bought mine for $1600 but it needs a bumper and a paint job. Other than that the car is great.

jdmfreak

Just to be on the safe side, should the timing belt be replaced anyway? If so, how much?

KaZ (VaBch)

Quote »Oringinally posted by jdmfreak03 Just to be on the safe side, should the timing belt be replaced anyway? If so, how much?[/quote]Yes... you should, and to be on the safe side, I'd do the whole 60k. It runs about $330 w/ new accessory belts from Concept Z Performance. Check it out... Coz is the owner, and he's a great guy to work with!

jdmfreak

Thanks! Is there any other tid bits I need to know before purchasing an N/A Z?

freakonaleash1187
Car: '93 300ZX N/A, '97 200SX SE

i got my z32 for $6200 (in my sig). that was about the price for a good n/a around here (kansas city). a good tt around here is 10-15k. the timing belt is the main thing that i got when i asked what to look for when looking at 300zx's.

SHIFT_nismo

[s3] wrote:N/A's are worth very little, everyone who has a N/A wants a TT or a TT swap.

Extremely modified N/As are also a joke, spend all that money just to get the the level of a stock TT.

Save the money, find a nice TT and buy that instead. You won't regret it.

Beware of low priced TTs tho, a 91 should be at least 8 to 10k if its in good condition. One that is going for $4k -5k either has both turbos blown ($2000+ labor to replace), and numerous other problems.

everyone?? pardon me, but beware of people who use words like everyone, always, never. I specifially looked for an NA because the motors are more reliable, easier to maintain.

Look at edmunds.com, or kbb.com, for pricing on the z, and try to pay as close to that for the private party pricing. I wish you luck, I paid about 6K for mine with 127K. Virtually flawless interior, and original pearl white paint.

[s3]

Why don't you take a poll on twinturbo.net and see who would want a N/A over a TT.

Now explain to me why the N/A motors are more reliable and easier to maintain?

Since both are the same engine with minor mods on the TT engine. Maybe you didn't know that.

Have you ever driven a TT? Rode in one?

I've worked on both, driven both, I'll keep my TT.

m_240sx

1st off, look at where your poll is hosted, "TWINTURBO".net, most of your audience are already turbo guys.

I don't want to start a war, one of my friends has a TT, and that is perfectly fine. I just had something you said about "everyone", I'm that someone that didn't want the TT, ergo, no longer is your "everyone" valid.

And just think of your statement my friend, and basic principles, more parts as in turbines, means more things can potentially go wrong. Yes I also understand if they are maintained properly that the potential is less. Regardless, I just made the statement of so-called experts, myself included, that readers should just take any advice they recieve with a grain of salt.

[s3]

True, I agree

Some people prefer sh1t, some people prefer roses.

Nothing wrong with variety I guess. Enjoy your N/A, I will enjoy my TT.
m_240sx wrote:1st off, look at where your poll is hosted, "TWINTURBO".net, most of your audience are already turbo guys.

I don't want to start a war, one of my friends has a TT, and that is perfectly fine. I just had something you said about "everyone", I'm that someone that didn't want the TT, ergo, no longer is your "everyone" valid.

And just think of your statement my friend, and basic principles, more parts as in turbines, means more things can potentially go wrong. Yes I also understand if they are maintained properly that the potential is less. Regardless, I just made the statement of so-called experts, myself included, that readers should just take any advice they recieve with a grain of salt.

jdmfreak

Every1s entitled to their own opinions. Just cuz you say they're **** doesnt mean they are. There are many things to factor in when buying a Z32. Some of things go in favor of the TT and some things go for the NA. It all comes down to what would be good for the buyer of the car.

m_240sx

jdmfreak03 is absolutely correct, and making the point that I guess I failed to do.

Just look at what your needs are and buy based on that. My z32 is going to be my daily, an I'm not racing anyone, especially in traffic.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”