300zx calipers wont fit onto rotors

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Beems240sx
Car: built S14, E30, R6 raven

i have 30mm 300zx front calipers for my S14. everything is new (pins, springs, pads, shims). it is soooo close to fitting but i just cant get them on. the pistons are compressed all the way and there is no fluid in the calipers at all. when i removed the heat shim, (black vented shim not the silver one), they will go on with a rubber mallet. the only idea that i have is to stick a vacuum pump to the brake line to suction the pistons in just a tad more. any thoughts?

Crazyirish
Car: Nothing noteworthy at the moment...

Shouldnt be that hard. Have you measured the calipers to make sure they are actually 30mm? The 26mm and the 30mm get mixed up all the time.

Beems240sx

yes i measured the rotors and calipers, all 30mm. they fit without the black shims. so i know i can get them to work but they are supposed to have 2 shims so i want them to have all the OEM hardware installed

Crazyirish
Car: Nothing noteworthy at the moment...

What kind of pads are you running?

Beems240sx

I'm running hawk hps pads, autozone rotors, and all oem hardware

infinitedrift
Car: 99' Cherokee
11' M56s
03' M45
03' Maxima(SOLD)
08' M35
91' 240(SOLD)
07' Crown Vic (wink)

I know this old but what ever happened with it your issue. Im going thru the same problem now on a s13 with a five lug swap. Im about 95% sure that my calipers are 30mm according to importnut.net so I bought the turbo rotors and they dont fit thier too wide(actually they fit off the car but when placed onto the car they dont fit.). So then I got the non-turbo rotors and they fit but with washers on the caliper which I dont like. I did not do the 5 lug swap, so IS THERE SOMETHING IM MISSING suspension COMPONET WISE(spindles issue) OR AM I ORDERING THE WRONG ROTORS, COULD THE BRAKE PADS BE TOO BIG(I got them with calipers). ill post pics of the calipers and rotors tomorrow.

Please help, thanks guys!!

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”