300ZX Brembos on a 240SX?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Zinki2Koki
Car: cars

If the stock 300zx twin turbo brakes make an awesome stopping combination with the 240sx, then will the brembo 300zx upgrade, installed on the 240sx, be an even greater stopping power? If install the brembo upgrade do you recommend installing the 300z twin turbo brake master cylinder to match?Thanks in advance:beerchug

BenTaylor200

I've got R33 GTR brembos on my '98 S14, and I assume this is the conversion you are talking about.

They are a massive improvement over the standard (in the UK) 4-pots. I drove to Le Mans in the Summer and repeatedly hauled myself down from 140+ mph without any fade at all - compared to the same trip the year before when I completely cooked the standard brakes...

The disks and calipers fit straight on with the standard hoses. The only thing you need to change is the monuting bolts which are a coarser thread for the Brembo calipers.

Zinki2Koki

so you think I should go with the gtr brembo brakes? My friend had the 300zx twin turbo brakes installed on his 240sx and it did increase the stopping power but me and him noticed the first 3-4 inches of his brake pedal was dead. Would that mean the master cylinder can't keep up or does is that just normal for that kindof swap?The brakes were bleeded before we went out on a test run but we don't like the dead pedal in the brakes.

:peace

Daunttless

It unfortunately doesn't work the same way here Ben. : ( You need to change all the hoses and fittings on the brakes when you swap them. Most of us also have 4 lug hubs, so you either have to do a 5 lug conversion or drill holes to make them fit. They are however a massive improvement. : )

And yes Zinki, if you want the full stopping power you should swap the cylinder.

BenTaylor200

Gutted... All S14s over here are 5 stud and have 4-pots (same as the Z32 TT) and ABS...

Has nobody over there thought to do a disk and bell setup to let the 4-stud guys fit different calipers without having to use re-drilled disks?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you'll also have to do something about the dust shields, but I suppose that goes without saying...

Zinki2Koki

I have an s14 SE model 240sx so I have 5 lug wheels. I know how to do the swap, Me and my buddy did his, but do you think a master cylinder powerful enough to keep the brakes full pressing will bolt up or will it need to be custom installed?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”