300zx Brake Swap. Help Please!!

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
iandrew89
Car: '89 Nissan 240sx Redtop SR
'94 Infiniti J30 Stock
'91 Infiniti Q45

Hey everyone I just got done doing a 300zx brake upgrade on my 89 240sx along with 5 Lug. We got everything assembled and on the ground. Bled the brakes and everything. On the ground pulling on of the garage all four calipers are leaking. At this point I'm like WTF?? I have been asked if I used crush washers when I put my lines into the calipers. Which I did not as my conversion lines did not come with any so I didn't even think about needing anything else. So if a crush washer is what I need. What size of a crush washer would I need to get. I got the lines from frsport. The brand is DIF if that is going to make a difference. Any other help would be great too if you have another idea of what it could be. Front were rebuilt and rears were not.

Thank you,
Andrew

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

where are the calipers leaking from? Are you sure you closed the bleeders tight? Did you get the proper conversion lines?
Sometimes people get the wrong lines...

you shouldn't need a crush washer. Something isnt right.

iandrew89
'94 Infiniti J30 Stock
'91 Infiniti Q45

They were leaking from the back but I was in my car when my buddy noticed the leak. I was backing it up out of the garage. Ya I got the conversion lines from FRSport they are the ones for 240sx to 300zx brakes. I am pretty sure the bleeders were tightened down all the way but I was the one pumping the brakes and he was the one at the brakes themselves. Looks like when I get back home in a month I am just going to have to do it myself and double check everything. At first I thought it was the calipers themselves since they were apart but the front is all fresh stuff and the torque specs on those are like 30-40 ft/lbs which is nothing I know they are that tight. So either we are dumb and the bleeders didnt get tightened or the lines into the calipers did not get tight enough. I'm going to feel dumb when I find out it was something so simple.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

hopefully it is something simple and easy.

To make you feel better... I posted once that I couldn't get my windows in my old convertible to go down. Someone suggested that perhaps I had the child safety switch depressed... sure enough... Boy did I feel stupid. It happens... we laugh it off and move on to the next thing.

iandrew89
'94 Infiniti J30 Stock
'91 Infiniti Q45

Ya lol I hear ya maybe we were just so rdy to get it done the simple things took a backseat. The sad part is my car is in Illinois but I'm in Ohio right now. I'm not going back until September so hopefully when I go back it is simple so I can drive her here. Ps I wasn't bringing her this time around anyway so its not like I left it cuz of this problem. Just ran out of time to investigate. She's coming here regardless next month hopefully I can just drive it tho.

poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

you dont need crush washers its a flare type fitting at least for the front that i know of..if the lines are seated all the way down correctly then i say maybe you got the wrong lines or you may have tightened them down too hard stripped and backed it out or something

if they leak they arnt seated right in any case...

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”