300zx alternator

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Lukasz86nyc
Car: 1990 nissan 300zx twin turbo

Hi guys any recommendations for nissan 300zx tt alternator

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

I can tell you don't be surprised if you have trouble, the modern alt and starter business has so many things wrong with it it is not believable. The parts store lifetime warranty thing has driven it off a cliff.

I don't consider it unusual at all to go through 3 of them in a year, I used to sell them, doesn't seem to make much difference whether they were brand new or best of the best rebuilt. We were forced to test every one out of the boxes and 20% failed right then and there before ever going on a car. Not just Nissan but ALL lines of car and alt.

Good luck, maybe you will get lucky.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

A good tested used TT alt or New OEM through dealer if they are still available or get an old one rebuilt by a reputable place (not Chinese/Mexican BS that the auto parts store sells)

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

X2.

The lifetime warranty works all right, just not in the way you think. You think they build better units to justify it but instead, the Chinese units get much worse in quality, what they are actually saying there is that they will give you new units over and over to go bad over and over until you get so sick of it you sell the car or burn it to the ground to stop the problem once and for all. They charge so much for them now that they can still make a profit after giving you as many as 4 of them.

What happened with most lifetime warranty, the prices went up whopping amounts but the quality often dropped like a rock. It's one of the biggest scams I've ever seen. I used to get a 40% discount working for one of the big chains and buying online + freight was a give and take as to where to buy, now it is up to another 25% off buying online now as vs. the discount, it is a non-event in most cases now. I never buy OTC at all any more other than a quick needed something under $10 in price, it's just wildly too expensive. And much of it is junk.

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

I figured that was true and I hate to hear that.. I was in a pinch and had to install one on a G37 about two weeks ago and man..I didn't want to but yeah..here's hoping all goes well..It's from autozone and some things about it looked cheap..another scary thing to see is the fact it had a sticker on it saying it had been triple tested..Idk, when you have to tell me stuff like that It just makes me think it's junk lol..I hope I'm wrong

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

On another note I have a rebuilt good Alternator..Used it on my N/A for 3K, but I'd be willing to sell it

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”