300ZX 2JZ swap project car

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
louisville13

Thanks man im going to search ebay right now

KrispyKay
Car: 1990 300zx
2004 325xi

I'd love some info on the wiring. I have a friend who puts 2jz's and 1jz's in 240's like it's his job but not sure if he'd be able to do it on a z.
Once I finish my sr20 240, which should be friday, I'll send it off to paint and try to sell it. That's where shopping, and therefore the project begins. Just a bit nervous about undertaking this haha

WaddleDee72
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT

louisville13 - The reason that the 2JZ's you're seeing are over $5000 is because they are coming from a Supra and have the V160 transmission attached. If you buy a 2JZ with an automatic transmission that came from an Aristo, it will be around $2000

WaddleDee72

Here's a progress update: I actually got the engine started!!! Here's a video: http://www.colorsplash.co.uk/upload/engine_start.mp4

The reason why it wouldn't start before was because there were three wires that were supposed to be connected to power. On this picture they are E14 and the two wires that go into F6 Image

And then last night I got the transmission in, so she's well on her way to driving.
Six inches was a little too long to extend the shifter. Five inches would have been better.

Here is the hole we had to cut in the transmission tunnel to fit the bellhousing

If anyone knows of a place I can go to get a custom driveshaft made, please let me know

WaddleDee72

So here's a progress update: the car is currently at a machine shop getting the intercooler piping and exhaust welded, and I hope to have it back in a week or so.

Here's a picture of it being towed to the machine shop:

Got my Tein Street Flex coilovers in the mail:

And got my custom 1 piece aluminum driveshaft from driftmotion. If anyone's wondering, it was 39 inches long exactly.

More progress to come soon!

smitty89

Very interested in your build man pm me please

300zx2jz
Car: 300zx trying to swap a 2jz

Hey guys how u doing I would like to know if any one can give me there ideas on how to swap a 2jz into a 300zx if pls can email me and what has to be done it would be great my email is [email protected] pls hoping to hear from u guys

300zx2jz
Car: 300zx trying to swap a 2jz

Hey WaddleDee72 could u do me a favor or and email pics and tips on swapping a 2jz into a 300zx thanks and hope to hear from u email me at [email protected]

AaronZ32
Car: 1992 N/A 300ZX

Oh man I can't wait to see the finished 2JZ32. This swap is the swap of my dreams. As a fellow SoCal resident and new Z32 owner I hope to see this thing on the road someday!

WaddleDee72

Haha me too! Thanks for the enthusiasm AaronZ32. Sorry for not updating in a long time, but progress has been slow, and I'm waiting until it gets closer to the end of the project to post stuff.

WaddleDee72

I want to let everyone know that the car is still coming along (pretty slowly though haha). Here's a progress report: I pulled out the ABS module (which weighed 16.5 lbs, not including the extra lines and fluid) and I am now bending my own brake lines.
I am about 90% sure that the way I'm doing it in this picture will work. If not, I will have to buy a whole new chassis and use the ABS system from the factory :(

Also, the rear main seal on the engine is leaking, so I will be removing the transmission and clutch to replace it. Then I will be pulling out the engine, replacing my cut crossmember with a new one, cutting more out of the oil pan, dropping the engine back in, and then installing an Accusump Oil Accumulator to make up for the lost oil capacity.

FInally, there's a bit more wiring to be done, and then a couple more things to patch up with the power steering removal, and then it will be on the road.

Z32_DriftR
Car: Nissan 300zx

Did you ever finish this project .? Getting ready to start wanna know how it went..

WaddleDee72

No, it's still not done. I broke my foot, so I can't really work on it right now.

haddox19
Car: 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo

I would love to see the results of your build! Hope your foot has healed up alright!

WaddleDee72

Yep my foot's all healed! Thanks for asking. As for the build, I've decided to sell it. I started it in high school when I had all the free time in the world, but now I'm going to be a senior in college next semester, and I have a full-time job over the summer, so the car just sits in the garage because I have no time to work on it. It's sad too because it's like 80% done. Anyways, if anyone on this forum is interested in buying it, PM me.

lorenzo651
Car: 1995 Nissan 300zx N/A

How much are you asking?

a94ngel
Car: 300zx slicktop 1994

WaddleDee72 wrote:Yep my foot's all healed! Thanks for asking. As for the build, I've decided to sell it. I started it in high school when I had all the free time in the world, but now I'm going to be a senior in college next semester, and I have a full-time job over the summer, so the car just sits in the garage because I have no time to work on it. It's sad too because it's like 80% done. Anyways, if anyone on this forum is interested in buying it, PM me.
Hey bro what's the price on the car let me know

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”