3.0 using coolant

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Stinky123
Car: '96 Mercury Villager
'86 Nissan 720 2WD
'86 Nissan D21 4x4
'89 Nissan Sentra

I've got a '96 Villager...a rebadged Quest, that is using antifreeze. I thought that it was a headgasket. But, today I used a Block-Testor on it, nothing (one of those guizmos that you push down on the radiator and it is supposed to change colors if hydro-carbons are present....no color change.

There is no water on the ground and I can't find any leakage around the motor and/or radiator and no smell of leakage and no antifreeze in the oil and no oil in the water.

This makes me wonder...does a 3.0 have any places, in the intake, that could possibly leak coolant in to the intake and then burn it.

Any other possibilities?

Stinky123
Car: '96 Mercury Villager
'86 Nissan 720 2WD
'86 Nissan D21 4x4
'89 Nissan Sentra

Welllllll, I pressurized the cooling system.* It has a bad waterpump....an AC Delco Professional Grade pump that has been on for only 11 months.* We'll see how rockauto handles it.*

I just ordered an Aisin WP. RA does not well the Aisin pump in a "Kit." It comes solo, which is why I didn't buy one of those a year ago.

I also ordered a new belt...about $27. The WP was about the same price. Tis a bunch of aggravation for $60-75.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Sorry you didnt get any answer quickly.. :( . but I am glad you figured it out :)

Return to “Quest Forum”