2nd gen Rogue's bulb replacement / LED upgrade

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
iRogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD + Premium Package

Leo2005 wrote:
iRogue wrote:This is absurd! Does anyone know if there's a kit or something available to retrofit a bulb into the compartment?
There's no kit available but all you need is a small switch (similar to hood pin) preferably with plastic pin and 2 wires. You'll run one positive wire to the constant source like battery, cigarette lighter etc. and negative wire throw that pin. Add any bulb you like and stick it on top of the box. Here's an example of adding led circuit board in glove box:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/how-to ... rogue.html

Where can I purchase this switch, and what is the proper name for it?

Leo2005

JB'sRogue wrote:looks good! what mods were required to run the H11?
None. The kit is pnp and the new Rogue as most of the cars does not have a system that recognize a dead bulb so no error messages are showed.
iRogue wrote:Where can I purchase this switch, and what is the proper name for it?
Hood/Door Pin Switch. Here's an example of it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Car-D ... 5b&vxp=mtr
You can use any type of the switch as long as you can fit it in without problems. You can use the magnetic one too like in house doors but it should be thin so you can close the glove box. Actually I like this idea even more because some styles you can do as flush(factory) style:

Leo2005

As for the tail lights the harness is different comparing to 1st gen Rogue. It is not a dual filament bulb like in 08-13 Rogue. The brake light and turn signal bulbs are 7440 and in this case any led such as 7440/7443/7443CK will work. For the running light the bulb is 194 but I could not fit in any led bulb in it. It's either too long or too wide. Let's start:
Remove 4 screws:
Top 2 holding a spoiler:
And just pull the spoiler to remove it then pull the tail light to remove it:
Check the connection and installation will be in reverse order:
License plate bulbs are 194. To replace them remove the cover from trunk lid:
And you'll find 2 bulbs in there:

iRogue

You don't need to remove the inside cover to swap the lic. plate bulbs. Just remove the little black cover from the outside and there are singular screws on each bulb housing that need to be unscrewed and voila! Takes five minutes total to swap both bulbs.

vivre

Thanks for the info.....

Can we compile a list of all the exterior bulbs?

High Beam:

Low Beam:

Fog Lamp:

Front Indicator:

Side Indicator:

Rear Indicator:

High Mount Stop Lamp:

Stop Lamp:

Tail Lamp:

Reversing Lamp:

License Plate Lamp:

vivre

I found the list of bulbs used in the new Rogue

Leo2005

vivre wrote:I found the list of bulbs used in the new Rogue
Yes, it's in FSB. Just to explain what these letters mean as a cross-reference:
HB3=9005
W5W=194/168/158
WY21W=7440 also work with 7443 and 7443CK
WY5W=194/168/158
PS19W=H16(Canada Only)
Map Light=LED(not replaceable)
W16W=906/912/921
P1Y=I believe that's the vanity mirror lights.
AL1X=No cross-reference but possible with replacement of 3175 adapter shown earlier for the trunk.
And you can skip sections like: glove box light, step light, footwell light, courtesy light because these were copied from pathfinder's manual.
Also kinda pointless in my opinion to replace 194 bulbs as parking lights in front and as running lights in tail because nobody will see a difference even if you find the bulb that fits unless it's really bright.
I'm hoping to see soon some aftermarket tail lights for 2nd generation because I see a lot of cool lights for '14 Crocodile CR-V on eBay.

Leo2005

iRogue wrote:-- Side note- the 5k vanity led bulbs are too bright and make it difficult to look into the mirror.
The idea of turning the bulb to 90 degrees work great in order to dim it a little bit:

SlimBisquit
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL in Mystic Jade

So If I wanted to put in say a brighter bulb i.e LED for my headlights, can I do that without running new wires? It's a lease so I want to be careful, I'm not blind at night, but would love a brighter bulb

Leo2005

Why would you have to run new wires? Just replace the bulb...that's all.

vivre

SlimBisquit wrote:So If I wanted to put in say a brighter bulb i.e LED for my headlights, can I do that without running new wires? It's a lease so I want to be careful, I'm not blind at night, but would love a brighter bulb
I would just replace the stock 60W H11 bulb with a 100W bulb......

Otherwise install a HID kit. :biggrin:

azieba
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

Just did an LED swap for the trunk and dome (2nd row, no sunroof) lights on my 2014 SL AWD, without the Premium package.

Here are the parts that fit. Both can use the same bulb, but due to availability at my local shops, I had to buy two different ones from two different stores which were across the street from each other.

Bulbs that fit are the 3021/3022 model. Both are 30mm Festoon and fit perfect. Each below are in the $12-14 range.

Sylvania - PN # DE3022LED.BP - This one I used for my dome, it has a whiter light than the front domes at 6000K, but close enough. It has white shell covering the LED, which makes it a little less bright than the Phillips. This one is available at Autozone. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/ ... 302200_0_0_

Phillips - PN # 129416000KX1 - This one is very bright, looks like the custom 3175 setup that someone did in a previous post, but no customization and fit is perfect. I used this one in my trunk and it was bright, much brighter than the Sylvan, since it doesn't have a white shell covering the LED. This one is available at Pep Boys. http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/928812/00825

I do recommend that before you remove or add the bulb, that you unplug the switch from the electrical connector, this bulbs are so small that my fingers could potential short the positive and negatives as I am trying to pull them out. I would hate for someone to get shocked doing this.

Hope this helps...

Qashqai

vivre wrote: I would just replace the stock 60W H11 bulb with a 100W bulb......

Just curious, is it safe to increase the wattage of the bulbs with the existing wire/switch/relay?

iRogue

Has anyone tried these for the reverse light:
http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/reverse- ... -pair.html

Wonder if they would fit. :confused: :confused:

Leo2005

iRogue wrote:Has anyone tried these for the reverse light:

I'm waiting them for almost a month. They were backordered and back in stock yesterday. I should receive them in a day or two except I ordered 6k so I'll let you know.

Leo2005

Qashqai wrote:
vivre wrote: I would just replace the stock 60W H11 bulb with a 100W bulb......

Just curious, is it safe to increase the wattage of the bulbs with the existing wire/switch/relay?
I wouldn't use 100w for low beam to be safe but for high beam could be an idea. Even 55W HID vs 35w hid and vs regular 60w halogen bulb require you to install battery relay. I can't figure out how should I install my led to high beam because they are covered with a cap. I might just drill the hole and silicone to run wires for led ballasts.

iRogue

Thanks Leo, I'l wait for your feedback. I'm primarily curious if at night it will provide better illumination.

Leo2005

iRogue wrote:Thanks Leo, I'l wait for your feedback. I'm primarily curious if at night it will provide better illumination.
They will. I used to have them in '08 Rogue and I was happy with them. They help a lot for backup camera too. Check that page out: how-to-install-led-kit-in-tail-lights-f ... 0-150.htmlThese http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/ ... /6-6k.html for example were installed in license plate and to give you an idea here's the pics:
The light is so bright it even goes to the ground:

Leo2005

Just installed them and I'm kinda happy with the results except I see some bluish color on the camera display so I guess I would like to have 5k color. Backup light removes easy because it is not glued like 08-13 Rogue so I like that. Just remove 3 screws and pull the tail then you have an access. That's all:

iRogue

Wow that's a huge difference. I'm hesitant to pay $40 for something that's not used all that often. Guess I'll wait until Vleds will have a sale.

Leo2005

Attention! High beam is wrong in the manual. It's H9 bulb and not HB3/9005 so my led high beam from vleds.com is going back and they don't have H9 at all.

tsumeone
Car: n/a

azieba wrote:Just did an LED swap for the trunk and dome (2nd row, no sunroof) lights on my 2014 SL AWD, without the Premium package.
With the LED lights, does your dome light still fade on when being activated and fade off when being de-activated like the factory incandescent one did?

Voodoo13
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

Leo2005 wrote:Attention! High beam is wrong in the manual. It's H9 bulb and not HB3/9005 so my led high beam from vleds.com is going back and they don't have H9 at all.
Hey can U message me when U get back into the headlight assembly on the DRL & Head light bulb? The repair manual seems to imply that its all a multi functioning bulb but that cant be as DRL is LED. Are u pulling the assembly out of the fender? Or just unscrewing them out the back?

JB'sTitanXD
Car: 2017 Titan XD Cummins

iRogue wrote:Has anyone tried these for the reverse light:

they fit, I have a set in mine right now

daltonvol
Car: 2014 Rogue SL (Premium Pkg)
Traded - 2013 Rogue SV (SL Package)
2011 Maxima S

tsumeone wrote:
azieba wrote:Just did an LED swap for the trunk and dome (2nd row, no sunroof) lights on my 2014 SL AWD, without the Premium package.
With the LED lights, does your dome light still fade on when being activated and fade off when being de-activated like the factory incandescent one did?
I replaced the dome lights with LEDs, and I checked yesterday evening and mine faded off (I didn't look to see if they faded on). They dimmed for a second, two at the most, then went turned off completely.

JLD94
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue S Moonlight White

SlimBisquit wrote:So If I wanted to put in say a brighter bulb i.e LED for my headlights, can I do that without running new wires? It's a lease so I want to be careful, I'm not blind at night, but would love a brighter bulb
When I'm driving at night I don't think the lights are unusually bright, but I do get flashed often. You know how people do when they think you have your brights on. In any case I would imagine your getting flashed all the time if they were brighter.

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

You guys are going to love this.
As mentioned above the rear lighting is weak. They have a GREAT solution on the Forester forum.
Go to SubaruForester.org and search "Hatch LED"
There are instructions with pictures on how to put a LED light strip on your hatch. When open and on the illumination comes from behind and above you.
Let me know what you think...
Who will be the first to try this on their Rogue?

BTW, there has been 10,900 views to that post :grouphug:

JB'sTitanXD

Leo2005 wrote:Attention! High beam is wrong in the manual. It's H9 bulb and not HB3/9005 so my led high beam from vleds.com is going back and they don't have H9 at all.
How do you like the Low beam LEDs? any pics of the beam pattern and the new look with them on? I was running the Lifetime LED headlight bulbs in my truck and loved them.

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

JB'sRogue wrote:How do you like the Low beam LEDs? any pics of the beam pattern and the new look with them on? I was running the Lifetime LED headlight bulbs in my truck and loved them.
No complaints (assuming you mean the factory LED low beams). Mind you I live in city so I haven't had a chance to use them without a bunch of street lighting. This is the first car I've owned with projector style low beams of any kind. The light cut-off seems very defined to me and, unless I'm climbing a hill, they seem to stay just below most drivers side view mirrors.

JB'sTitanXD

o ok i was under the impression you are running a aftermarket LEDs in the reflector housings. so you have the projector housings

Return to “Rogue Forum”