2nd Gen Rear Strut New Option

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
my12by60

I see oil on the rear struts and things are sounding a bit creaky when the car moves. These are now showing up online as a replacement option. Has anybody tried these out yet? Our 2000 Q has 133,000 miles on it. Are the springs still probably ok?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gab- ... /model/q45

MowgliCSM
Car: 99 Q45t, 07 S550, 89 Mitsu Mirage Turbo.

Other places indicate this is a correct part number. I would imagine your springs are fine being you are in AZ. The only thing to consider is that there are no aftermarket replacement fronts available. Infiniti had a rebuild kit available, I think, for ~$400 per side for the fronts but I am not sure they are still sold. If you really like the car, and want to keep it on the road, you may want to look into a set of coilovers. BC Racing, Megan and K-Sport (maybe Godspeed for really low budget) make some. The prices range on options.

JOHNQ
Car: 99Qt
02 Q
03 M

Rear right strut is blown on my 99qt. Probably going to give these a try. Can't say no to the price with the lifetime warranty.

my12by60

JOHNQ - Did you ever try to order the Gabriel rear struts from Summit Racing? BadQ45 says he does not think the struts are actually in production and that an order will not go through.

If the Gabriel rear struts do actually exist, I wonder if one could put the Gabriels on the rear then order just a front set of coilovers from Megan or one of the others? That may be the cheapest route to a restored suspension, but I am not sure if the car would handle right or if the coilover companies will even sell just a front set.

JOHNQ
Car: 99Qt
02 Q
03 M

my12by60 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:45 am
JOHNQ - Did you ever try to order the Gabriel rear struts from Summit Racing? BadQ45 says he does not think the struts are actually in production and that an order will not go through.

If the Gabriel rear struts do actually exist, I wonder if one could put the Gabriels on the rear then order just a front set of coilovers from Megan or one of the others? That may be the cheapest route to a restored suspension, but I am not sure if the car would handle right or if the coilover companies will even sell just a front set.
Ordered the Gabriel G51930 from Amazon for $60 shipped for the pair. I've had them on for a little over a week and I can't complain one bit. Does not feel as stiff as my old touring rear struts but they did restore the ride height and helps the rear from bouncing around too much. Really happy that they made this available right when I needed to replace mine and super easy and straight forward to install as long you have a spring compressor handy. As far as coilovers go, I will never again. Ive had the JIC magics on my 2000 AE and they were very sqeaky and made the car sound cheap. I would probably go with OEM inserts for the fronts if I had to do it again.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”