2nd GEN NISSAN ROGUE MEMBERS = POST YOUR INTRO

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

and dont forget to post your car pics at: 2014 MEMBER PHOTO ALBUM
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised title

ShawnQ
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black

Subscribing.

We sold my wife's 2009 SL AWD Rogue, bought a Tahoe :facepalm:

Looking to get back into a smaller SUV...and love the looks of the new 2014. Hoping to start hearing reviews when more show up!

philipp2
Car: 08 Altima Coupe & 2014 Rogue SL

I am back after trading my 2010 Rogue for a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum that was real nice. Actually too nice as I was the only occupant 99% of the time. A waste of resources.
I picked up my new 2014 Cayenne Red SL last night and drove it home in the freezing rain. Has not been back out of the garage as the ground is covered in frozen rain/sleet. This looks like it is going to be a perfect car for me as my payments are $400 less per month and the gas mileage should be much better.
I am looking for a Curt Hitch and a wood grain dash trim for the 2014, but I guess that I will have to wait several months for that. :dblthumb:

AMRose
Car: 2014 Rogue SL

Purchased a 2014 Nissan Rogue SL in silver. It is a work vehicle for my husband and will see about 40-50k miles/year. It's great so far! Only issue is that I (wife) must be right around the cut off weight for the passenger air bag - the air bag often turns off. It's been driven 1500 miles in the first 2 weeks, but we're still waiting for the average MPG to creep up; it's been stuck at 22.8 for the last week.

The Rogue replaced a 2008 Nissan Altima with 275k on it (and ZERO issues!). The Altima was sold to a friend for his high schooler to drive :)

ajcool123

Brand new 2014 Rogue SL owner here. Picked it up in Indianapolis, IN from Ed Martin. It took them nearly 3 weeks to find one and dealer trade. It is AWESOME.

Leather, Bluetooth, Bose sound system is amazing and it's spacious. First time Nissan owner!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome: Newbies!

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

ImStricken wrote:
Didn't I say we should do this???

Geah
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD - Premium Package
2014 Rogue SV AWD

I picked up a 2014 Rogue SV AWD in white last month and has been great so far. Picked up from Fox Nissan in Grand Rapids. I liked it so much that I bought one for my dad as a Christmas present. Got a black Rogue SL AWD with premium package for my dad. Shopped around and compared the Kia sportage, Ford Escape, and Mazda CX-5 and the Rogue still had the best package compared to the other cars in my opinion. Only accessory I plan on adding is the auto dimming mirror with homelink.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

:welcome: Geah, two Rogues! :dblthumb:

superbad
Car: 2014 alti 3.5SL

What's up everyone.
My wife has a 2010 SL AWD. Just reading what I can on the rogue
I'm usually over in the altima section.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

superbad wrote:What's up everyone.
So, just slumming here then? :rotflmao

:welcome:

Geah
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD - Premium Package
2014 Rogue SV AWD

Rogue One wrote::welcome: Geah, two Rogues! :dblthumb:
Thank you! Few pictures to come later :)

superbad
Car: 2014 alti 3.5SL

Rogue One wrote:
superbad wrote:What's up everyone.
So, just slumming here then? :rotflmao

:welcome:

Haha. Thanks for the welcome.
Gotta take care of the wife's car too. Especially since I want to get a weekend project soon.

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

I've had test drives with 4 different '14 Rogues. I love the Cayenne Red but it looks too much like lipstick or nail polish, not a bad thing, just not masculine.
I was all set to buy a Forester but I'm switching teams, probably buy a black/black SV next week.
Anyone know how much crossbars run? Since I'll only use them 6 days a year I'll probably make my own.

drpotter2807
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

First Time Nissan Owner... just picked up a 2014 Rogue in Gun Metal Gray SL package.

Downgrading from a 2011 Buick Enclave after I totalled it two weeks ago. Saw this as an opportunity NOT to go 45,000 back into debt and suck 20mpg with my 45mi commute everday.

So far I'm impressed. Wish the Remote Start was a possibility. REALLY REAALLLY going to miss that!

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

drpotter2807 wrote:First Time Nissan Owner... just picked up a 2014 Rogue in Gun Metal Gray SL package.

Downgrading from a 2011 Buick Enclave after I totalled it two weeks ago. Saw this as an opportunity NOT to go 45,000 back into debt and suck 20mpg with my 45mi commute everday.

So far I'm impressed. Wish the Remote Start was a possibility. REALLY REAALLLY going to miss that!
:welcome: Post some pics when you get a chance.

There's been some indication that the remote starts don't play nice with the push button system.

Rockhound2.0
2013 370Z Touring
2008 Mazda3 GT

Brought home a 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package on Friday night - haven't driven much due to the weather, but we're definitely crazy about it so far. It's silver w/ black interior. Please excuse the sub-par pic - I'll take some decent shots when it's nicer outside.

I formerly posted on the Nico forums as Rockhound early in our ownership of a '07 Versa - we sold the car in October this year to a family member, it had around 82k miles and had been a great little car. We started researching family-friendly vehicles earlier in the fall when my wife and I found out she was expecting our first child - learned about the new Rogue and a few comparisons made it clear that it was the best choice for us.

Our fleet includes the new Rogue, a '13 370Z and my trusty '08 Mazda3. Looking forward to learning more about the Rogue on the forum!

MrsRogue
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL

I traded my 2009 S AWD Rogue today and picked up the 2014 SL Black. I loooooovvvvveeeeeee the new Rogue. Plenty of tech features. :inoutgay:

JLD94
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue S Moonlight White

After looking around for a couple of months, and looking at and driving just about everything in the class, it was coming down to the Forester and the 2014 Rogue....which I had not driven yet since dealers and in my area did not get them until 11-23-13. I knew I wanted to give it a look though because of the MPG and it looked nice. CX-5 was in the mix also but 3rd place at that point.

Dealer called me the Nov 23rd that they had had one come in, so went and drove it, but was not in love, it seemed narrow inside. I had driven the Forester a couple of times and liked it well however the front seat cushion was a little to short, which would have been annoying and uncomfortable for 55 miles a day. Another dealer got a rogue in, and went and drove it, and it was different this time. I came to the conclusion that the first time I drove it, I had my left arm in an odd position that wasn't my normal driving position. Anyway I over the next day or two I drove them both again for longer drives and decided on the Rogue. Went down the 29th and was going to see about working a deal on a White SV (although I really just wanted a S...trying to keep the cost down, and it was find coming from a truck), turns out someone got there just before us and were working a deal on it. They had a white S on it's way in, so worked a deal on that one instead and it came in on December 2nd.

All in all, I am very satisfied with it. Perfect for my commute and be able to put a few things in it as well. My main reason for getting it was MPG...finally decided it was time to get out of the 17MPG truck, I'm at about 1800 miles so far with 5 fill ups and am averaging 29.8 mpg. I did a 200 mile highway trip and the temp was 26 degrees the whole time and was only getting about 26MPG. Normal commute to and from work (55miles) is averaging 33MPG.

Gripes... only a couple. The spot for the parking brake is in the way for me. There is usually only about an inch or two between it and my leg while driving. I wish it had a hand pull near the driver seat instead. Or even just more to the side. The heater.... it does not seem to work real well when you have it on the mode for floor only, it seems to take forever to get warm when I do that. If I split it between floor and dash vents it gets to warm on my upper body.

This is my first Nissan (we had a couple of 280's when I was growing up) and am looking forward to having it a long time, hopefully little by little I will do some stuff to it.

jamesm123
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL - Gun Metal Gray

Hi all, purchased a 2014 AWD rogue SL in gun metal gray and graphite this weekend. While I believe the car is more marketed toward women, both my wife and I liked it (big improvement over the 2013) and it will be my primary vehicle. Hoping we see the MPG promised. I was between this car, a Jeep Cherokee, and a Subaru Forester. Liked the interior of the Nissan and felt good with their reliability track record. Hoping the AWD is up to the task for snow in the mountain passes here in Washington state!

jamesm123

CapeCodChips wrote:I've had test drives with 4 different '14 Rogues. I love the Cayenne Red but it looks too much like lipstick or nail polish, not a bad thing, just not masculine.
I was all set to buy a Forester but I'm switching teams, probably buy a black/black SV next week.
Anyone know how much crossbars run? Since I'll only use them 6 days a year I'll probably make my own.
Yes, crossbars cost 218 invoice, or 285 MSRP. I am having the dealer I bought from install them this week at invoice, also thinking of adding the auto dimming mirror. I can't believe I have 4 cameras in the car, but still need to use the garage door thing to open the garage door.

BAR $218 $285
roof rail cross b

mremansam
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (super black/charcoal)

I just purchased a 2014 Rogue SL (super black/charcoal int). I absolutely love my car though I am having pangs of regret for not waiting for one with the Premium package. It was going to be another 30-40 days before I could find a Rogue with my color preferences and the premium package. Oh well. I am still very pleased with this purchase and I have a great warranty and got an incredible year-end deal. My previous car was a 2009 Honda Fit. Below I included my post to the Nissan Rogue Facebook page from Nov. 20. Glad to be in the Nico family.

"I test drove one today in Gadsden, AL. Most dealerships in North AL seem to be getting at least one unit over the next few days. A dealer in a much smaller city about 45 minutes away is getting 5 units by Monday.

I currently have a 2009 Honda Fit which has met my needs well. However, it is getting long in the tooth and I've been searching hard for a replacement. My preference is a compact SUV with great fuel economy. I have test driven virtually every vehicle in the class including: Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Mazda CX5, Chevy Equinox, Hyundai Tucson & Sante Fe Sport, 2013 Rogue, Subaru Forester, and the Jeep Cherokee.

After coming from a Honda product, my first test drive was a CRV. I drive about 25-30k miles a year (mostly highway) and wanted a quiet, squishy ride. The things I must have: leather, heated seats, touch-screen infotainment system, and push-button start with keyless entry. The things I would like: navigation, panoramic moonroof, remote start, led or hid headlights, LED DRL's, lane departure warning, and forward collision warning.

I liked the ride quality of the CRV but the cabin tech felt like it had been plucked from a 2007 model. Also being a 27 year old male, I was concerned that the most common drivers of CRV's seem to be 55 year old females. 55 year old females are fine people, I'm just not one of them.

The Ford Escape had the most horrendous looking dashboard I've ever seen in a car and the cabin felt extremely cramped. The glossy gray plastic cheapened the whole interior. The sunroof cover was very flimsy and wrinkled upon touching it. Ford's MyFordTouch system is absolutely a pain to use. Overall I was very disappointed in this vehicle.

The Toyota Rav4 Limited also disappointed me. The ride quality was poor and the cabin felt cheap and flimsy. Also both fog lights (on a brand new model) had moisture in them. It didn't help that I had a know-it-all, redneck salesman that just wanted to make fun of my Honda. I wasn't bothered. I like my matchbox car Fit.

The Mazda CX5 was fun to drive but seemed a bit small. I am 6'1 and couldn't "sit behind myself" in the back seat with the front seat at a comfortable position. I also wasn't crazy about the "bubbly" and rounded off styling. The cabin tech was well done however.

The Chevy Equinox was about as exciting as white loaf bread. The dash was cluttered with a sea of buttons in what I felt was an attempt to make it look techy and expensive. I wasn't impressed. The tail lights look rental car cheap. Time for a refresh. It did have a very quiet cabin however.

The Hyundai Tucson was about as bad as the 2013 Rogue (which I really didn't care for). The interior was noisy and cheap feeling. The Sante Fe Sport's driving dynamics and cabin impressed me. Its fuel economy did not.

I drove the 2013 Rogue just to compare to others in the class. It looks like a pregnant rollerskate outside and has a miserable interior. It was way overdue for a redesign. If you like it, fine. To each his/her own.

The Subaru Forester was nice enough. It became expensive quickly with the level of tech I wanted. The styling also seems to be the most dated (even though it was recently refreshed). The ride quality did not impress on bumpy roads.

I was SHOCKED at how much I liked the new Jeep Cherokee. I've never even been remotely interested in Chrysler products, but the Cherokee threw me for a loop. The cabin surfaces felt very high quality and the infotainment system is leaps and bounds above anything else I have previously encountered. The 8.4 inch screen is a joy to use and works exceptionally well. The ride quality is probably in the top three of the vehicles I tested. While I like the exterior styling well enough, several friends I showed the car to simply loathed the styling. The Limited version I drove also had remote start standard which I liked. To get to the level with Lane Departure warning would take me to $35K easily, which is about $5k more than I want to spend. The Jeep's fuel economy was also less than desirable at 22/31.

Now to the 2014 Rogue. Based on the specs, I am interested in a Rogue SL with the premium package in Gun Metallic with Charcoal leather interior. I was able to test drive a silver SV with black cloth interior and a panoramic sunroof today. Fortunately the salesman did not ride with me and I was able to put the vehicle through its paces. Accelerating in the 20-50mph range seemed great. Accelerating in the 70-80 range (at interstate speeds) was a bit anemic, but acceptable with my driving style and needs. The panoramic sunroof was wonderful and worked quite well. The stereo head unit (the base model) was adequate though Nissan should have included a touchscreen in any vehicle over $20k. The sound quality was decent but a bit tinny. The screen (helper display) between the gauges is a easy to use and provides useful information (the Jeep system is actually a bit better). I found the seating very comfortable (perhaps the best of my test drives) and it was very easy to find a supportive setting. The interior was quiet but was not the quietest (that award goes to the Chevy or the Jeep). Still it was much quieter than my tiny Fit. The ride quality was excellent and was probably best in class. Cornering at decent speeds felt great with very little body roll or lean. Stopping felt safe and adequate at various speeds. The dash layout is simple and sleek which I LOVED. The cup holders are the only cheap looking part of the cabin that I could find. They will get dirty quickly and be impossible to keep clean (especially with the black interior model). Nissan, please throw in a removable rubber insert for the cup holders. The Divide and Hide system in the cargo area is unique if not a bit gimmicky. The cargo area did seem larger than most other vehicles in the segment (Edmunds seems to back me up) and I can see the various shelf configurations being useful in the future. The LED daytime running lights are gorgeous. They make the vehicle look like a $60k luxury vehicle until you realize it is a Nissan behind you. Well done to the design folks on that addition. The air conditioning controls were easily among the best (with the Honda CRV also being a contender) for being easy to use and effective. The doors closed with a solid "thwump" and the vehicle as a whole felt very well made. The back seat provided me with about 4 inches of extra room in front of my knees with the drivers seat fully back (IMPRESSED)! This may have been the best in terms of leg room. Headroom was also very good (much better than the Cherokee where my head touched the ceiling in the back seat). Overall I really like the exterior styling. It has a commanding presence and felt at least a couple of inches taller than the outgoing Rogue or even the Cherokee. The fuel economy nearly matches that of my Honda Fit which is a much smaller, cheaper car. I hope the car actually achieves this level of FE. The CVT didn't bother me at all. Sport mode cleverly mimics real gears, but I'm not a car nut anyway. If you hate CVT's, try the CRV.

Unless something happens, I'll be picking up a 2014 Rogue in the future. I feel I have undertaken an exhaustive search for the right car to meet my rather specific needs and wants. I do agree that Nissan has done a miserable job of informing dealers as to model availability. My local dealer (apparently) had no idea they would even get one in today. All that said, I'm in no real hurry to purchase so time isn't of the essence. I'm looking to buy in December or January. Best of luck to anyone trying to find one. They seem to be elusive.

Based on my test drive today, my rating (which probably doesn't mean much many people) is very high. After driving nearly all of the vehicles in this segment, the 2014 Rogue is at or near the top in most of the metrics that I am concerned with. Well done Nissan, just build them quicker and let folks know they when they are coming!"

jamesm123

Nice write up of your thought process mremansam. I too was close to getting the jeep Cherokee, but there's a dedicated 2014 jeep Cherokee where I spent hours reading of all the issues with the transmission, etc. I test drove it a handful of times and the dealership actually let me borrow one for the night, on two of the vehicles I heard "clunking" from the transmission. While under warranty, still a major pain to be stuck with a dead car. Hope you are happy with your choice, had Nissan's long ago, and giving them another shot with my new rogue. I had just bought a 2014 Acura RDX (more money for less features), and it was totaled 30 days after I purchased (the rogue nor Cherokee had yet come out so gave both of those vehicles consideration this time). NOW, what to do with crossbars? Factory OEM or Yakima??? decisions decisions. The 2014 not showing up in any "fit to your vehicle selections".

faithntim

Happy New Year to all.

On December 12, I put some money down and asked my Mishawaka, Indiana dealer to find me an SL-AWD with the Premium Package. Gave him 3 different colors.

By December 30th, he still hadn't found one. So, with some prodding, he then placed an order for one to be made from the factory and arriving in 8-10 weeks.

This is the unit I have on order...

SL-AWD in Graphite Blue
Almond Leather Interior
Premium Package
With carpeted floor mats, splash guards, bumper protector
ADD external ground lighting & interior accent lighting (dealer-installed)

I'm actually grateful it won't be coming for a couple months. I'm currently driving a 2011 Juke, with the Viper Smart Start remote starter installed. I have become so accustomed to pre-starting my car in the winter months that it has become a necessity and not a luxury. They don't make them yet for the 2014 Rogue, so it's good news that I won't be getting that car until the worst of the winter weather has passed.

JLD94
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue S Moonlight White

faithntim wrote:Happy New Year to all.

On December 12, I put some money down and asked my Mishawaka, Indiana dealer to find me an SL-AWD with the Premium Package. Gave him 3 different colors.

By December 30th, he still hadn't found one. So, with some prodding, he then placed an order for one to be made from the factory and arriving in 8-10 weeks.

This is the unit I have on order...

SL-AWD in Graphite Blue
Almond Leather Interior
Premium Package
With carpeted floor mats, splash guards, bumper protector
ADD external ground lighting & interior accent lighting (dealer-installed)

I'm actually grateful it won't be coming for a couple months. I'm currently driving a 2011 Juke, with the Viper Smart Start remote starter installed. I have become so accustomed to pre-starting my car in the winter months that it has become a necessity and not a luxury. They don't make them yet for the 2014 Rogue, so it's good news that I won't be getting that car until the worst of the winter weather has passed.
Curious what makes you want to switch from the juke?

AFlipBro
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV Trim AWD w/ SV Premium Package

Happy New Year (11 Days in) Everyone,

New 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/ SV Premium Pkg in Brilliant Silver(Actually Wanted Gun Metal; NA in Western Region US) owner here. I have approximately 650 Miles on Odometer since this is now my commuter vehicle for work. Purchased from Premier Nissan San Jose after Christmas 2013. This is an upgrade from a 2007 Honda Civic LX Sedan (automatic) in Nighthawk Black. I was comparing/contrasting between Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V, and Toyota RAV-4 (2014 and mid trim levels w/ AWD). I attended the SF Auto Show in Moscone Center after Thanksgiving Day 2013 since NONE of the Bay Area Nissan Dealerships had the 2014 Rogue In Stock. I conversed w/ Nissan Sales Spokesperson @ SF Auto Show. I proceeded w/ a walk around, physically sitting in drivers seat, and gauging the exterior/interior of vehicle @ show. I decided this was going to be my selection/purchase hands down. I am extremely pleased with my selection and purchase of 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD!
Last edited by AFlipBro on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gt57
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue
2014 Nissan Altima

On my second Rogue.
#1 - '08 bought in May '08 drove for 88,000 (traded-in on a '14)
#2 - '14 bought in November '13

Test drove a '14 CX-5 (loved it), and '14 Escape (nice chops but hated the ride). The Rogue styling, size and features won me over (again). The '14 is much improved over its predecessor.

I have the AWD SL without the panoramic moon roof option. Wanted blue but none available so went for the white (white has a better resale value). Over 2,000 miles and happy.

1019throw
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

Looking to purchase one. Could we get some real world gas mileage numbers?

pavouk
Car: 2010 Versa S

We just bought '14 Rogue SV and '13 Pathfinder SV that we traded for '10 Versa AND '11 Rogue. I do have the factory Rogue cross bars for sale since I have my kayak attachments on the old ones from previous Rogue. Please contact me if interested.

1019throw
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

Purchased a 14 Rogue SV with premium package last night. I'll hopefully give some reviews and updates soon

Return to “Rogue Forum”