2nd Gen Door Question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Orange Crush
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue S

I have a 2015 Nissan Rogue with 130k on the clock, this Nissan was purchased new by me and to be honest, I never thought it would last this long, especially with all the nightmare's I hear about these transmissions.

Anywho.... little things have started to break, but the main problem I'm having is the drivers door, the lock just stopped last year, and now the window stopped working as well. The drivers door control works with all other windows, including both mirrors.
So this led me to the fuse box.... all good there. I then checked the drivers door wiring, the loom that leads from the door to the pillar, and that's when I found about 10 broken wires.

So I ordered a new harness, and now I'm stuck, I've removed the kick panel and fuse cover, and I still can't figure out how to unplug it. Has anyone replaced this harness, or removed it that can help me out?

Later today, I am going to unbolt the stopper and see if the harness could just be fished out that way.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There are three connectors buried inside the cavity behind the kick panel, but on the driver's side you have to take the white plastic bracket for the big SMJ connector loose to access it (one screw and one nut). Once the SMJ is loose you can locate the door bundle and pull it out from the cavity. There's barely enough slack in the bundle to get the largest of the three past the hole, so expect to have to fight with it a little. I usually push the car side of the umbilical boot into the car an inch or two to get the connectors loose, then pull it back out when I'm ready to extract the harness from the door.

Note that this problem occurs when an installer at the factory twists the bundle against its natural rotation, so there's a good chance your driver rear door may have the same twist and eventually have the same issue. You should probably peel the umbilical boot back and check it.

Orange Crush

Thanks Vstar, I'll give it a shot later today, I'll also give the rear door harness a check.
On a chance that I need further assistance, you wouldn't happen to have any images or service manuals I could view?
Again, I've been researching this for months before joining this forum.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I don't have any pics, but the harness layout on PG-43 here will probably help you out:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 5%2Fpg.pdf

M31 is the big SMJ connector, which is mounted in a white plastic bracket bolted to the side wall behind the kick panel. The door connectors are M167/168/169. You can see their arm of the harness runs directly behind the SMJ, which is why you can't get at the door bundle without taking the SMJ bracket loose. Once the SMJ is pushed aside you'll be able to see the door bundle ducking into a hole in the side wall. Simply fish it out, there's just enough slack in the arrangement to allow pulling all three connectors out of the hole and past the side wall. As I mentioned earlier, you can buy a bit more slack by pushing the car side of the rubber umbilical boot past the outer wall and into the car.

Orange Crush

Thanks again.

Return to “Rogue Forum”