2k2 Maxima Dyno after header install

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Hey everyone. Well I finally got the headers installed on my 2k2 Max. With the help of 2 other people (HUGE THANKS TO CULLEN AND SCOTT) the install took about ~10 hours. The headers come with an EGR port, that is for the 2k1 and 2k. Dont know about the 4th gens. But the 2k2+ does not have the EGR. So I had to find a way to plug it up. Problem is the plug would have to be metric and big. I decided to cut the port off and weld the hole shut. I did this at a local place here in Louisville that works on lots of welding. He did a great job and saved the coating on the headers. I talked to Brian about this and said he could get me a plug but well I was impatient . But the next batch of headers that he gets shipped in said will have the plug. so dont worry about that you 2k2+ guys. Car sounds great. Sounds like a 350z now but just a little quiter. Butt dynos are ok, but true dynos is what everyone wants to see. I dynoed first with the Cattman y-pipe, then dynoed with the cattman headers. I did 3 runs each, and took the best of both runs and put them together.

Dyno run of Cattman Headers vs Cattman Y-pipe

I can find differences of about ~30hp and 30ft/lbs right around 5600 rpm, it is a lot faster after around 4k, and then it really gets going between 5k-6k. Also not this is with the stock B-pipe and muffler. Also, when I was at the Dynojet place, the guy told me I had a peak HP of 237HP and torque of 234.5. The dots on the graph shows the greatest difference between the two dynos.

Here is the data from in excel format: Click here for Spreadsheet

I talked to brian about this data and seemed very happy with it. he also told me he has one more set of headers in and more coming in mid-October.

All I got to say. Is great work Brian on an excellent quality products and excellent service. This is why I have tons of Cattman parts on my car.

-Dave Honeyaka Fezzik
Modified by Fezzik at 1:04 PM 9/29/2004

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Looks good!

Do you have a grounding kit as well?

Fred..

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Not yet. I am wanting too very soon. I'm researching all the ground and trying to figure out which ones will be best, and best way to mask it all. How are you liken the G fred. I'll need to take a ride in it. Never been in a G yet.

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

Fezzik wrote:Hey everyone. Well I finally got the headers installed on my 2k2 Max. With the help of 2 other people (HUGE THANKS TO CULLEN AND SCOTT) the install took about ~10 hours. The headers come with an EGR port, that is for the 2k1 and 2k. Dont know about the 4th gens. But the 2k2+ does not have the EGR. So I had to find a way to plug it up. Problem is the plug would have to be metric and big. I decided to cut the port off and weld the hole shut. I did this at a local place here in Louisville that works on lots of welding. He did a great job and saved the coating on the headers. I talked to Brian about this and said he could get me a plug but well I was impatient . But the next batch of headers that he gets shipped in said will have the plug. so dont worry about that you 2k2+ guys. Car sounds great. Sounds like a 350z now but just a little quiter. Butt dynos are ok, but true dynos is what everyone wants to see. I dynoed first with the Cattman y-pipe, then dynoed with the cattman headers. I did 3 runs each, and took the best of both runs and put them together.

Dyno run of Cattman Headers vs Cattman Y-pipe

I can find differences of about ~30hp and 30ft/lbs right around 5600 rpm, it is a lot faster after around 4k, and then it really gets going between 5k-6k. Also not this is with the stock B-pipe and muffler. Also, when I was at the Dynojet place, the guy told me I had a peak HP of 237HP and torque of 234.5. The dots on the graph shows the greatest difference between the two dynos.

Here is the data from in excel format: Click here for Spreadsheet

I talked to brian about this data and seemed very happy with it. he also told me he has one more set of headers in and more coming in mid-October.

All I got to say. Is great work Brian on an excellent quality products and excellent service. This is why I have tons of Cattman parts on my car.

-Dave Honeyaka Fezzik

Modified by Fezzik at 1:04 PM 9/29/2004

that is all.

MetaOrbit
Car: Black 2002 Infiniti I35 Sport

Good god Fezzik! That's an awesome gain!

If the cost of the headers weren't so high and the installation such a pain in the a**, I'd be all over it. Finally a performance mod for our 3.5's that creates REAL power.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Nice gains Dave...

Time for a T-Square ECU?

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”