2jzge head vs 2jzgte head

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
drift_junkE
Car: 95 240sx SE 5 speed

so I have a 2jzge vvt-i motor, but what I'm working on doin a swap into an S14. What I'm worried about is if doin the work to this is good enought of if I would be much better off goin with the gte head. I plan on doing a little engine work to the car. I plan on replacing the cams, valves, springs, all gaskets/seals, and prob gonna bore the block too.

My question is, would that work be able to hold up, or would i need to go with a gte head.

Also, I plan on goin with a single turbo setup, prob a garret gt35, gt37, or gt42.

numbnuts240
Car: 1999 exploder 4-door 5-speed, 1974 fairlady z 250gt, 2011 ford focus, 2010 mazda3

i've heard of plenty of people turboing their ge's just fine and making decent numbers to boot. i think you'll be fine with the ge head.

drift_junkE

Ok, well would it be dependable running 400-500, maybe more, as a daily as well?

GoTRicEo0
Car: Slowest crap the earth have ever seen.

Hmmm.... This is just too juicy for me to pass up not saying anything

The stock head/intake mani alone on any GE's will flow at least 600hp if not more. WITH supporting mods.Its been proven many times. There's no need to get the GTE head unless it comes with a V160 or V161.

VVT-i Pros:-Coil on plug (Wasted Spark setup)-It's VVT-i !!!

Cons:-Cam selection is smaller if you could like to keep the vvt-i-Intake cam/gear will remain stock without the help of a standalone ecu

The stock bottom end of course won't handle that kinda power. vvt-i 2jzge's have baby rods vs non vvt-i/gte. The transmission are also the weak points in every normal 2jzge turbo build. The stock auto/W58 will kaboom on you with anything more than 400hp. Sure it will last, but its just barrowed time. I had bunch more of information..................then got lazy =/

-Jeff

drift_junkE

Finally, someone that has an answer and actually posts. You helped me quicker than people on supraforums.com. I Kinda figured half what u said was true already. I've read a ton of stuff, but alot of it is hearsay.

I planned on takin mine down to the block and have it bored to either 86.5mm or 87mm and go with the prob 9:1cr pistons.

I also planned on gettin a short intake like the turbo motors. The transmission I planned on using the r154, or spendin a bit more money and time with the v160 and beatin the heck outta the tranny tunnel.

Do you have any other suggestions on the motor, and any suggestion on a good standalone ecu for the vvt-i?

GoTRicEo0
Car: Slowest crap the earth have ever seen.

I used to post on supraforums awhile back. The traffic there is really low.I assure you everything I said so far is correct.

Lawrence from clublexus/supraforums runs the stock intake mani/runners. He has around 800hp+ at the wheels. I'll snap a few pictures of his engine bay tomarrow. If you plan to make spark plug changes easier for you in the future. By all means upgrade to a front facing manifold.

I have no experience with the R154. Just with the TH400 / W58. The V160 is extreamly overpriced. T56 trans that thing :DThere is no fuel managment that is direct plug and play for any USDM VVT-i models that I have seen. They all require rewiring.

I'm using a AEM Ems that has been modified by Dave Henry to accept hall effect sensors. Which ever route you choose to go, just make sure to post up pictures/videos of the build :D

-Jeff

drift_junkE

yea, I had thought about goin with an upgraded plug later. and goin with the was kinda a looks preference, plus it would make it easier to run the FMIC piping. Also, is it possible/how much work would it take to put the T56 transmission onto a 2jz. Cause those things are alot easier to come by and cheaper than the V160.

Return to “Hybrids”