2jz swap

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
drift_junkE
Car: 95 240sx SE 5 speed

Ok, so I'm planning on getting an s13 HB and doin the infamout 2jz swap.

I was wondering if anybody that has done it could help me out.

I want to know how much more work it will be to use the V16x 6-speed trans. instead of the R154 5-speed out of the MKIII. Cause if I'm goin to have a twin tubo 2jz in my car, I want it to be a 6 speed.

S13_love

You might wanna look in the hybrids section...that's really about the only place you're gonna find the people that have done this swap.

You'll probably find some helpful info there as well, hopefully.

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

Jesus Christ, dude. How hard is it to type '2jz swap' into the search bar and press enter? Not that hard, 'cause I just did it and tons of threads on the topic popped up.

SEARCH!

drift_junkE

well you see, the point of me posting this is cause, oh my god, I did that. and guess what, I didn't find anybody doing it with a 6-speed, I've only seen the R154 tranny, don't assume that every person on here that post a question is an idiot. I just wanted to know if anybody knows how much work is necessary. but thanks, I really needed to know what that little text box with search next to it was for.

S13_Love: thanks for the tip

simmode1

drift_junkE wrote:well you see, the point of me posting this is cause, oh my god, I did that. and guess what, I didn't find anybody doing it with a 6-speed, I've only seen the R154 tranny, don't assume that every person on here that post a question is an idiot. I just wanted to know if anybody knows how much work is necessary. but thanks, I really needed to know what that little text box with search next to it was for.

S13_Love: thanks for the tip
Nah... Between this thread and your "ZOMG Chuki front pwnz all others except s15 conversions!" thread... I'm gonna keep assuming that you're an idiot.

zer...p-kit

Cliffnotes: 6spd for this swap is pointlessly difficult.

drift_junkE

Touche. I got lazy after readin page after page of garbage and thought it would be quicker to post a question. I also found that link you gave me when I looked for a while longer. My appologies on my lazy@.$$ self

Also, while not tryin to sound like a prick, but thats not what I said, I do like the silvia front on s13s, but it all depends on how its don(though I guess its that way on all in reality)

i240sx
Car: 240sx coupe

here is a picture of a 2JZ swap

simmode1

drift_junkE wrote:Touche. I got lazy after readin page after page of garbage and thought it would be quicker to post a question. I also found that link you gave me when I looked for a while longer. My appologies on my lazy@.$$ self

Also, while not tryin to sound like a prick, but thats not what I said, I do like the silvia front on s13s, but it all depends on how its don(though I guess its that way on all in reality)
I was pretty harsh, man. My bad. Good luck with your project and all.
i240sx wrote:here is a picture of a 2JZ swap
Makes me everytime...

S13_love

drift_junkE wrote:S13_Love: thanks for the tip
No problem i guess...i wished that i could have helped ya a little more than that lol...but i when i started to think about, I also haven't seen a 2jz swap in a s13 that had a 6-speed in it.

if you can op, post a link in this thread if you do manage to find one...

Return to “Hybrids”