280zx

A forum for owners of S30 and S130 Datsun Z's... 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX!
SLIMMY240
Car: CARS, RACING

im looking at getting a z car kind of a graduation present so i can restore and fix it up. i got a little info about the 70-78's from another post on here, but i cant find any info on the difference in the 79-83 280zx. if anyone can enlighten me on this car or give me some sights to go to with specifics and differences about these cars (such as chassis codes, engine differences, options, even the small almost insignificant body or interior differences) then i would really appreciate it. basically i want something that will be a good daily driver, but that has potential to be pretty fast - 300hp(i will most likely turbo the engine or upgrade turbos if its already), and thats smooth and confortable. not really looking to make a track car, but something i can drive everyonce in a while and if someone messes with me it can put up a good fight. any info would be greatly appreciated.

reggiegsd
Car: '94 Q, '73 240Z

The major difference between the 280Zs and the 280ZXs is the body. The drive train trains are almost identical (Except for the turbo cars). The 280ZX is a bit lighter, a different look, a more comfortable interior (more doodads), and a different rear suspension.

The turbo motor can get close to 300hp but you need a healthy credit line to do it.

Return to “Datsun Z Forum”