280zx Detailed body design

A forum for owners of S30 and S130 Datsun Z's... 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX!
johanndp
Car: 1981 280zx

Hi there from a newbie, I've recently bought a 280zx with a lot of missing parts, like the engine and gearbox. :crazy: Now the fun is starting getting it completely stripped down to bolt and nut level. The idea is to end up with something on the Frankenstein side, hence my excitement of an incomplete car. I did not want to take a perfectly working car and get the purists panties in a knot....

I'm going to install the C63 engine and gearbox with modified suspension and all. My son is a Merc AMG tech so all good on that side.

I've been searching the net for a proper blue print/design of the original 280zx, body, chassis, .... I need this to make sure that all is aligned properly and i also want to do a 3D CAD drawing of it with the modifications. Chances are that I will be forced to design a new chassis for it. I can sit and measure the car, but I'm not very keen on the idea due to the age of the car and the panels are not really aligned. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to measurements.

Is there someone that can assist with this please!?!?!

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

The body repair data is located in the FSM beyond that I doubt you'll find much.

Return to “Datsun Z Forum”