2800-3200 rpm stumble vg33er. Serious replies please

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
Superduperchargedvg
Car: 2002 frontier supercharged 5sp 2wd
Vg30 cams
Polish head and Intake
Short ram
Thorley headers
Custom exhaust

This thing is killing me. It did it when I had a bad knock sensor. Bypassed it for awhile. Did a head gasket and put a brand new factory knock sensor in the correct spot. Torqued it . And I've replaced just about every single sensor on the truck. Crank. Cam/dizzy. Coolant temp. Sc bypass solenoid and actuator. Tps. Fuel pump. Filter. Sending unit. Both o2 sensors I have a box of about 10 mafs. Most of them good ones and I've smoke tested it. No vaccum leaks. I have wideband and vaccum gauge. to monitor this. And during the 2800-3200 rpm it runs around stoich ( less than 15:1) and as soon as it hits 3200 it goes rich and feels like it gives me my timing back. I'm wondering if at this rpm the ecu ignores the knock sensor? Now I have no cats so that's not the issue either. There is a recall for a reprogram on most of the vg33er equipped vehicles but my vin isn't applicable. And I've searched my vin so someone didn't just swap this in here. I'm tempted to take them a vg33e ecu and have them reprogram it. Or is that a bad idea Bc I don't want something to happen to my only ecu for the truck. Dealer said they would reprogram but Bc it isn't on the list they won't be responsible for damages really don't know what to do. I work on cars for a living and have performed all the work correctly. And am honestly considering mounting the knock sensor to the firewall or a bracket that's cushioned and grounded and getting an auxillary knock meter

Superduperchargedvg
Car: 2002 frontier supercharged 5sp 2wd
Vg30 cams
Polish head and Intake
Short ram
Thorley headers
Custom exhaust

I've done some mods to it but the truck has done it since it was completely stock

Return to “Engine Tuning”