2500-2900 RPM squealing noise - 2011 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
supz
Car: Rogue

So glad i found this forum. This is my first post.
I have a 2011 nissan rogue 4cyl with 55k on it. At 53k I started to notice what sounded like a belt squealing when I was accelerating at a light. It is not the regular Rogue transmission whine. Now I’ve pinpointed it to do this at basically only 2500-2900 RPM. It will make this loud squealing sound with the vehicle in neutral or in gear but NOT in park. Must be moving. Happens with AC on or off. Weather does not affect it.

I’ve researched that this vehicle has an automatic tensioner which seems to allure that belt replacement is rare. I’m wondering if this loud high pitch squealing is something anyone else has ever experienced. I looked on youtube and saw nothing nor did I on carcomplaints.

I don’t mind putting a couple bucks into belt replacement but I am wary that this noise may be something else associated with the horrible transmission that is in this car. TIA for any and all help.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Things that can cause a squeal.

Old serpentine belt, they just get old and need replacement.

Belt tensioner again they get old, bearings wear out.

Alternator going bad, either the alternator itself or the pulley on the front of it.

You don’t have a power steering pump so no worries there, but it could also be the air conditioner, however with the simple test you’ve already preformed that would seem to rule that out.

On my 2011 I’ve replaced the belt twice, once at about 45k and again recently at about 92k, I don’t like taking chances having my wife get stuck on the side of the road.

Return to “Rogue Forum”