245/40/20 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus Review (2x owner)

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

So, I just ordered new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s for my car after having Pirelli Cinturato P7's the last two tire changes. The P7's claim to have a 70kmi tread life expectancy and I only got 28 and 27kmi on both of my sets. Granted I probably could have used them for another 5k or gotten them to 35kmi but with the blast of snow we just got and my sketchy trip tonight while running out to the store, I decided not to risk it and bought new tires.

These are solid tires when they have tread and I'd recommend them to someone who doesn't mind changing tires once a year lol.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Great choice Ilya ! I've had my Pilot Sport A/S 3+ set for about 2 years I think. They probably have about 20k miles and still look and drive like new. However, 95% of the roads down here are pothole and wrinkle free. None of what I would consider 'winding roads', no snow (so no road salt,etc). I doubt there is ANY brand that will last to the tread warranty with cars like ours or drivers like us, LOL. I'm pleased to get somewhere near 1/2 the promised tread life. The roadways and temperature flux up north are a bit more brutal on tires so it will be interesting to hear how well they perform for you.

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

...the tread life warranty and it's claim process is the main reason I buy my tires from TireRack. I have been sending the tires back and getting some refunds for tires that do not live up to the claimed tread life. Granted, it is prorated and you have to wear them to the indicators (this also varies by manufacturer) but getting a $30 to $50 per tire refunds are worth to me. Tire Rack has been pretty easy to deal with when it comes to tread life warranty claims, for me anyway.

I am coming up on the end of life for my Hankook Ventus S1 Noble (THANKS Larz for recommendation :) ) so I will be shopping for new ones soon.

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

I've had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (A/S Plus, A/S 2, A/S 3 and A/S 3+) on 2 different cars and consider them the best tires for my cars and area. Performance is awesome, especially in the rain (which we have plenty of in the Puget Sound). You'll love the tires. My only complaint is that they get a little noisier after the tread is worn down about halfway. I was considering getting them for my M70, but I'm waiting for the current tires (Primacy's) to wear down enough to justify replacing them with the Pilot Sport A/S.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Mjkkb2 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:22 am
...the tread life warranty and it's claim process is the main reason I buy my tires from TireRack. I have been sending the tires back and getting some refunds for tires that do not live up to the claimed tread life. Granted, it is prorated and you have to wear them to the indicators (this also varies by manufacturer) but getting a $30 to $50 per tire refunds are worth to me. Tire Rack has been pretty easy to deal with when it comes to tread life warranty claims, for me anyway.

I am coming up on the end of life for my Hankook Ventus S1 Noble (THANKS Larz for recommendation :) ) so I will be shopping for new ones soon.
Yeah, I've replaced 3 P7's that were damaged (at different times) due to our lovely pot holes and TireRack is always on the ball (or their 3rd party claim vendor). Never have an issue. And now they include road hazard free, even better. I ONLY buy tires from TireRack. No one else.
kmiles wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:47 am
I've had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (A/S Plus, A/S 2, A/S 3 and A/S 3+) on 2 different cars and consider them the best tires for my cars and area. Performance is awesome, especially in the rain (which we have plenty of in the Puget Sound). You'll love the tires. My only complaint is that they get a little noisier after the tread is worn down about halfway. I was considering getting them for my M70, but I'm waiting for the current tires (Primacy's) to wear down enough to justify replacing them with the Pilot Sport A/S.
Good to hear! Good to know someone else has ran these and liked them. I don't mind the noise, I just crank the music up lol. The M's in general are not very good in sound deadening so it's whatever to me.

CRV_33
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x

Thanks for the review Ilya. I am in the process of buying tires for my mom's car and the P7 was a serious contender until i read your post. I don't think her Camry warrants the need for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S though. :biggrin:

On a serious note how well do the Pilot Sport A/S behave on snow and ice? I know all the local car enthusiast in MN typically dont run these tires in the winter time because they hibernate their cars until spring time arrives.

Ilya

If she isn't an aggressive driver (I will admit I do live by the boonies and do push my car on exit ramps, etc. to the edge/tire squeel), I'd still go P7. It's a great overall tire. But if she's expecting 60kmi out of the tires, then I wouldn't get them. Look at the Michelin Primacy MXM4's which I had on my 19's...those were pretty decent but I don't have that cars records anymore so don't remember how long they lasted between changes.

Larz

Mjkkb2 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:22 am

You're most welcome. As I said in my review of the Ventus, I was amazed by how close the performance came to Michelins at a much lower price. I still recommend them especially in heavy rain. The only reason I went back to Michelins was the noise level when past half tread life but mainly because of the rare HUGE discount that Tire Rack offered on the Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Tire Rack must have gone bonkers for a brief time because they have never reduced the price that low since.

Frog
Car: 2011 M56s

How low was the price. Was it for the 20 or 18?

DHCrocks
Car: 2012 M56S
2004 G35 Coupe

I have the pilot sport 4s on my car now and they are hands down the best tires so far. they have so much grip. before I used to always just burnout if I got on the gas hard. now I can't break them loose, they just hook up and go. It's crazy how much grip these tires have. Ride quality is good and the are quiet. don't know how long they will last but so far so good with about 6k on them.

Kprad12
Car: Infiniti M37

+1 for a/s 3+ they have plenty of grip for the m37 at least. I'm getting pretty low on thread (about 3/32) at only 15k miles but I do aggressive mountain driving quite often so I don't blame them. My M4 has ps4s and can confirm they are amazing just a little chirp on gear shifts and they hook right up. I would get them on the m37 but they are quite expensive and I don't think it needs them.

Larz

Frog wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:00 pm
How low was the price. Was it for the 20 or 18?
Prices at Tire Rack are by the brand, regardless of size far as I know. When I changed back to Michelins from the Ventus, I believe the discount was about $200 on a set of 4. I use 255/40/19s instead of the standard 245/45/ OEM ... and I will never go back. No change in car height or wheel well volume - just amazingly improved grip, stability, and performance. Usually, when Tire Rack have a sale, it's a $75 Visa card when you buy a set of 4, but to save $50 per tire was incredible. I have not seen a similar sale since.

Ilya

Yep, I'm supposed to get $100 back from Michelin as part of a rebate. And they include Road Hazard standard. No better place to buy than Tire Rack.

parkstr8r
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q70S
2016 Gt-R
2018 Audi Q7
2016 Audi S6 (gone)

On my new 18 Q70S, I swapped my stock sport tires to 255/45 20 PSS 4S. I had done that on my new 16 S6 the day after I bought the car, and on my QX70S. I got the newer version. I swear the old version was quieter. The roads here in Dallas are so much worse than in Los Angeles. And they use cement versus asphalt on 1/2 the roads so they are really loud. I just checked my old files (I keep a file on every car I have had) and on my '15 Q70S I put on Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. While I was in LA, they reduced the road noise immensely.

My main complaint with the car is the amount of noise transmitted via road. I already have sound deadening in the trunk, wheel wells, and under back seat. My next attempt will be to do the rest of the cabin. My fear is that it is really about the cheap glass in the doors. We now have a new Audi Q7 - and both it and my S6 had double laminated front and side windows. So it was really quiet.

I do like the performance of the PSS;s - but wondering if the S-04's would be quieter?

JCesar

I think it all depends on the type of driving you do. I have a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus that i got over a year ago and i like them. I do punch it from time to time and my set still looks new.

I have dual intakes, High flow cats, Y pipe and a full stillen cat back exhaust and the car sounds great. i step on it a lot just to get that glorious sounds. the tires hold up great even with my driving

Prior to this set i had a new set of kumho ecsta 4x that the came came with from the dealer and i didn't like that set

Ilya

I think if I was doing straight line WOT sprints the tires would last more for sure. However, I'm a speed freak at heart (and an avid motorcyclist - luckily I downgraded to a sport cruiser from my sport bike because I used to live at 3 digit speeds lol) so I 'send it' in the corners on the back roads and on on/off highway ramps. I find pleasure in finding that sweet spot where you can feel the car (or rather tires) wanting to let go but can keep it gripping. And I'm known to, especially when it snows, start sliding all over the place lol.

I don't go easy on my tires...which is why I said I could probably get 35kmi out of these as is. If I was driving like a grandma, I think 50kmi isn't out of reach for these tires. Not sure I could ever hit 70kmi that Pirelli claims even if I was a saint behind the wheel lol.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”