240z/350 Swap Runs like a beast one small problem

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
S13FX
Car: '69 l20b Dimeski :)

Hey guys,

I have a 1971 240z with a 350 in it. The car runs perfect and I love it, the car pulls faster than batman out of his cave :). Except Iv been having some weird issues with my charging system.

Im running the Delco 3 wire alternator the 63amp. And here is how I have it hooked up.

Of course the bat wire goes straight to the battery terminal post, the red wire on the plug labeled F#2(Field), and it goes into my post on the starter, I know I could just run a jumper wire from the Bat post to that terminal.

The white wire is connected to the post labeled R(#1), and I have it connected with a 3amp diode to a 12v source that doesn't go on until my ignition key is turned on, and the diode is there so I don't get feedback and I can turn my car off with the key again hehe.

The problem I have is or Im not even sure that its a problem. Is it seems to me as if the alternator switches on randomly when ever it wants, It definitly turns on when the car goes on, but sometimes when I do night driving my lights dim, and it does seem as if Im running off the battery. At first I thought my connector was loose, so I made sure thats nice and snug. Now on the other hand It might just be me not knowing and lacking knowledge on how a GM alternator is suppose to work, since I own 3 Datsun all with KA's and L series engines hehe.

I did have the alternator tested yesterday and it checked out fine. I also have the AMP Meter completely by passed, since I know thats a culprit of all problems since their only 35 amps hehe.

FAST-DATSUN

need to convert it to 1 wire set -up.....

Return to “Hybrids”